Member #
    Images

Hood Louver Stamping

Does anyone kow where I can get louvers stamped into the hood of a TJ?

I do NOT want premade bolt on style. I am specifically looking to have the factory style hood stamped.

Preferrably local.

I have heard of one place Denver Specialties on East Colfax but can not get them on the phone .

TIA
    Jeff

Member #
    Most lowrider shops do it

Member #
    Images
    I used to go to Denver Specialties for lots of stuff, but I dont remember them doing any kind of louvers. It was orginally a Hot Rod parts store. The original owner Tom sold it like 8 years ago? But they would be a great place to call and find out who does.
    Scott
    2000 TJ LA and Locked on 35s

Member #
    Images
    There's a couple a good hot rod shops down in the springs.
    '04 TJ Sport, 3.5 TeraFlex, SYE, LSD, 32's
    Beer, Beer, Beer said the Private.......

There's a speed shop or racing shop off 58th and Lamar in Arvada. If they can't do it, I'nn bet they know who can. I could not find the shop online, but a search here might yield a name. I know I have recommended them for custom SS braided brake lines.

J.D.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    Jeff, FYI your hood won't look like the nice complete painted panels with louvers you've probably seen. There will be some sheet metal work needed to make it look real nice before you paint it (stamping the louvers will crack the paint that's on it so it will need repainted) if that's important to you.

Trust me Steve, we're already planning the custom paint job that will be added to Rock Kitty before this is all over and she rolls out of the garage!
    Bonny - 98TJ :pbj:

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B][URL="http://www.staythetrail.org/"][COLOR=blue]Stay[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]The[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Jeff, FYI your hood won't look like the nice complete painted panels with louvers you've probably seen. There will be some sheet metal work needed to make it look real nice before you paint it (stamping the louvers will crack the paint that's on it so it will need repainted) if that's important to you.
    Thanks Steve - as Rk said I am aware of that but her current hood already has hail damage so with the build I am going to replace it and intended to repaint the body. Why build it half way and not address the underhood high temps that the TJs run when she does not have AC

everyone thanks for the help - I was going to buy the dies for a manual press from Trick tools or similar but somebody said no

I will post up what I find - I am sure I am not the first one to want to vent the hood without cutting in the premade ones or doing one of the few aftermarket hoods available.

Member #
    Images
    What's the paint scheme plan?

When I lived on the front range and built street rods I knew where to get louvers punched, but that was a lotta years ago.

Member #
    Images
    Paint scheme is going to stay the red & black (I think) she has not mentioned changing to that yet . There are plans for a small amount of air brush work . Wisconson is a pretty damn good artist & has always wanted to airbrush so what the heck you can always repaint it if you don't like it. That & I have always wanted to learn to prep & paint a rig

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    That & I have always wanted to learn to prep & paint a rig
    The first one is usually an "adventure."

I'm not far off from painting the kid's YJ project. It's gonna be cool, but no final pics here until I deliver it to them in Boise - so it'll be a surprise.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The first one is usually an "adventure."

I'm not far off from painting the kid's YJ project. It's gonna be cool, but no final pics here until I deliver it to them in Boise - so it'll be a surprise.
    Sawwwweeeeetttt

and yea I know just enough about prep & paint to know I am to paint a trail rig of course look who I'm talking with The guy that paints all the other GJ rigs

Member #
    Call High Country and ask them where Al had the hood of his YJ louvered.
    06 Unlimited with stuff and a Hemi
    72 Jeep J2000 under construction

Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    There's a speed shop or racing shop off 58th and Lamar in Arvada. If they can't do it, I'nn bet they know who can. I could not find the shop online, but a search here might yield a name. I know I have recommended them for custom SS braided brake lines.

J.D.
    A & I Speed! Good place to pick up some Race Fuel too! Post up on mhjc.org a few of the guys have theirs punched. The last I head some guy was doing them out of his garage up north by the Greely, Firestone area but I dont recall his name.
    Last edited by zillacon; November 9th, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Does anyone kow where I can get louvers stamped into the hood of a TJ?

I do NOT want premade bolt on style. I am specifically looking to have the factory style hood stamped.

Preferrably local.

I have heard of one place Denver Specialties on East Colfax but can not get them on the phone .

TIA
    I think Denver Specialties is closed. I drive by there on my way to work, get money from my hoes, just kidding!! Their location was empty from my quick glimpse just this week.
    Mark M. DeNittis
    Culinary Director: www.7BarGrille.com & www.JPFreek.com
    Author: www.JeepGrilleAdventures.com
    Life is like a hardcore off road trail...Put it in 4-lo and get over it!!

Quote Originally Posted by zillacon View Post
    A & I Speed!

yes! Thanks! I was thinking AIA, but I knew that wasn't right.

J.D.