PDA

View Full Version : another strike against the off-road community...

spacely
November 11th, 2003, 03:02 PM
i saw this on another board, and thousht i'd pass along..what dumbasses these guys are...

http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=11451&forum_id=5&Topic_Title=And+yet+another+black+eye%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%&forum_title=General+Discussion+Forum&repli es=1&M=0&S=1 (http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/Forums/topic.asp?topic_id=11451&forum_id=5&Topic_Title=And+yet+another+black+eye%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%&forum_title=General+Discussion+Forum&replies=1&M=0&S=1)

Willie G
November 11th, 2003, 03:30 PM
WOW! How stupid can you get? Whatever punishment they get, won't be enough.

JVS
November 12th, 2003, 07:26 AM
These are the a$$holes who make it so hard to convince people that not everyone is out to destroy the land. It only takes one story like this to make people think that everyone is like that.

I am sure he has no respect for anything or anyone. It is all about what he wants to do an to hell with everyone else or the law. I hate these people graemlins/flipoff.gif

Breck4x4[John]
November 12th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Yep those kids are jusdt as dumb know as when this was first posted.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006541#000000

colorado phil
November 12th, 2003, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spacely:
[qb] i saw this on another board, and thousht i'd pass along..what dumbasses these guys are...

It is hard to believe that people like this could even get from Washington to Yellowstone. It's unfortunate that most of us who wheel and enjoy the beauty of nature get tarred and feathered with idiots like this. I just watched a program on Yellowstone on the Travel Channel and saw that they have a volunteer who does nothing but remove foreign objects from geysers. He said that in the year prior to the taping he had removed 1500 coins that people threw in. He also said that one geyser had a part of a tree thrown into it that actually blocked the geyser. So, not that it makes me feel any better, but it seems a lot of people who visit Yellowstone on busses and cars don't appreciate what they are seeing either.
I just hate it that these idiots were in a vehicle capable of getting off road. I don't know anyone who would even think of driving into a geyser in any type of motor vehicle.
I'm hoping that this is a first and a last and that the idiots are appropriately fined. I like Yellowstone and would like to see it protected from any and all who damage it. I'm sure the rangers know who's doing the damage and won't paint the rest of us with the brush they use on these guys.

[ November 12, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: colorado phil ]

spacely
November 14th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Breck4x4-John McCallister:
Yep those kids are jusdt as dumb know as when this was first posted.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006541#000000 DOH! i guess i missed that...sorries

spacely
November 14th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by colorado phil:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spacely:
[qb] i saw this on another board, and thousht i'd pass along..what dumbasses these guys are...

It is hard to believe that people like this could even get from Washington to Yellowstone. It's unfortunate that most of us who wheel and enjoy the beauty of nature get tarred and feathered with idiots like this. I just watched a program on Yellowstone on the Travel Channel and saw that they have a volunteer who does nothing but remove foreign objects from geysers. He said that in the year prior to the taping he had removed 1500 coins that people threw in. He also said that one geyser had a part of a tree thrown into it that actually blocked the geyser. So, not that it makes me feel any better, but it seems a lot of people who visit Yellowstone on busses and cars don't appreciate what they are seeing either.
I just hate it that these idiots were in a vehicle capable of getting off road. I don't know anyone who would even think of driving into a geyser in any type of motor vehicle.
I'm hoping that this is a first and a last and that the idiots are appropriately fined. I like Yellowstone and would like to see it protected from any and all who damage it. I'm sure the rangers know who's doing the damage and won't paint the rest of us with the brush they use on these guys. wow...i'm glad you said that smile.gif i used to work for the national park service so i know of few of the laws governing it. needless to say, i was a little PISSED when i read that article...anyway, the superintendent of the park i worked at was VERY environmental, but she was also open minded enough that when i told her i (and the people I wheel with) abide by Tread Lightly, she was VERY impressed. Anyway, guess the point of me telling that was that you'd be surprised at how many people are interested in our hobby and glad to hear how we keep to trails, clean up after others, etc etc...alright, rambling done...sorries