PDA

View Full Version : corruption at its finest

vb
April 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM
so i read the article in the paper today that talks of the dean sapp case. 376 trees and he admitted to runing the equipment.
so he plea bargained with the fs and will plead to misdemeanor tresspass, no restatution and no jail, plus all fed charges will be droped. says he will cooperate with the fs in return. the fs says thay want to give him speedy results so on may third they will sweep it all under the carpet for him.
the paper said that there might be charges against others.
so what this tells me is that they are leting sapp skate through, then they will claim that there is not enough to charge anyone else and its all over since they have fixed it for sapp that he can not be retried for the crime. and all the trees will remain blocking the road
these guys were successful and the fs has done everything they can to help them and the tax payers have been swinddled. i would not doubt that there was an agreement early on before the damage.
this is so blatent, so outragous, so wrong and yet the fs is beyond our reach on this. this is what the feds have come to folks. we are not governed by the people for the people. the feds run things and we just gotta like it.
any one else and the feds would have charged racketeering and terror etc. since this meets the ends of the fs . these folks slide by.
this is the real face of the fs and our government

jx94148
April 17th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Then the precident is set. Anyone who tries to re-open it is merely tresspassing.

vb
April 17th, 2004, 12:34 PM
you would think

jeepstuf
April 17th, 2004, 02:06 PM
What paper is this in, I can't find it in the Friday Post.

Eagle
April 17th, 2004, 04:53 PM
If he did all this damage and they let him off, what's to keep us from going up there and fixing it?

Really - what are they going to do? convict you for FIXING the trail?

Seriously........?????????

jx94148
April 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Seroiusly, its FS land, how can you be tresspassing on that?

However, another "Shovel Brigade" as Knobby Bobby calls it would bring a lot of negative press to our side.

Flip a coin. Open it without authorization, face charges and plea bargain like Sappy the Tree Killer, get negative press but re-gain the road; or leave it as is and continue to press the media about how these vigilante actions are wrong.

Its a sticky situation either way.

jx94148
April 17th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sounds like the criminal actions are settled. Is there any chance for a civil case? OJ got off with double murder but still has to pay millions in restitution because he lost the civil lawsuit.

Get my drift?