PDA

View Full Version : Boslough's Latest in the Daily Camera 10/30/2003

1BGDOG
October 30th, 2003, 03:43 AM
Editorial (http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/letters_to_editor/article/0,1713,BDC_2491_2386603,00.html)

OFF ROADERS

4WD pots call the kettle black

Adam Mehlberg, secretary of Longmont's Trail Ridge Runners, is the first to criticize landowners for defending their property.

I had to laugh at his quote:

"I know the private property owners have an issue, but that's not the way to take care of it." ("In case of downed trees, investigator has suspect in mind," front page, Oct. 22).

A prominent member of his club (Don Owens) was arrested near our Jamestown property in 1996 for creating a new 4-wheel-drive road. He cut trees and brush to do it, and there is a serious erosion problem there now because of his illegal construction.

Vernon Brandt and other members of Trial Ridge Runners trespassed on my family's ranch in June 2000 and caused hundreds of dollars worth of damage in an attempt to open a private road they also claim is public. They killed dozens of trees, tore down signs and spray painted rocks.

Now a landowner crosses the same line, and off-roaders give us all a lecture.

Why have I never heard Mehlberg condemn the vigilante actions of his fellow club members? Even after the infamous "Mudfest," the off-road community shifted the blame to a radio station.

It's time for the off-road clubs to end the war they have declared on landowners and stop claiming that roads across private property are public.

MARK BOSLOUGH, Albuquerque, NM

ELECTION LETTERS

Gunter
October 30th, 2003, 04:00 AM
i think bos is using his dirty underwear for coffee filters! stop doing that,it is bad for you!

vb
October 30th, 2003, 05:50 AM
they still print lies!!!!
this is the same paper that emailed me yesterday acusseing me of the fire
we never spray painy anything, we never killed a tree (they were dead when mark choped em down to block the road), and we never tore down signs (we left em up to show the clown at his best-roofing barbs in live trees and 2 and 3 signs per tree)
also
i never tresspassed-THE ROAD IS A PUBLIC ROAD and the sherriff agrees and never ever have i been ticketed or even has it been suggested except by mark that i might be wrong
and my actions were not anything like the hundreds of trees downed by mark and his nieghbor. all i did was move the downed trees. my actions will never be condemed ! I am in the right . these guys are NOT. mark boslough is a liein idiot and it kills him, he cant stand it. and the camera ????? whats up there ?

Coloranger
October 30th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Since this was an editorial piece would Vernon be allowed equal space/oppertunity to respond since Marc names him in his letter?? If so Vernon should right a rebuttel and demand that it be printed so that both sides of this can be seen. graemlins/old_glory.gif

kwyjibo
October 30th, 2003, 07:21 AM
The daily Camera prints letters like Boslough's because the Camera has to sell advertising space in Boulder where Boslough's opinions are popular and the truth doesn't sell.

vb
October 30th, 2003, 07:27 AM
i have been offered the opertunity to write a rebut and then the deal was unlocked with " there is no promise that we will print it"
why cant boslough prove that i was tresspasseing??????????
why were there never any charges???????????
there is also another huge differance between me and boslough the clown and the tree buster
i have done all of my stuff in the open and not broken any laws
the tree buster is a hideing coward and has broken laws and not treaded lightly to say the least.
boslough lies and is breaking the law by obstructing a public road and has gone back and furth several times about how those trees got cut down. who here remebers the "thining" arguement untill i pointed out the flaws in LEAVEING THE DEAD TREES TO BECOME FUEL

[ October 30, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: vb ]

Grandpa Jeep
October 30th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Write it anyway. If they don't print it, post it here. We can bombard them with emails demanding they print your side of the story.

Mcstiff
October 30th, 2003, 09:11 AM
what an asshat

Hunt
October 30th, 2003, 09:49 AM
I'm new to this site, and I know you folks don't like ppl that just butt in to voice their oppinion, but here it goes anyway. If you want to flame me for what I think, then go right ahead. Remember, keep that flame thrower pointed in the right direction, upwind isn't the best.

Here I sit in my flatland office. Born and raised here in the midwest, and thinking of a vacation to your butifull part of the country. I would like to take some of the roads not used by just anyone, and my new 4x4 F150 heavy half would make a good scenery viewer, so that is the story behind my looking into some easy off road fun. Here, off road means the place you got the tractor stuck a few days ago......ya, fun graemlins/puke.gif

Sitting here, it occures to me that, what this side of the fight is dire need of is two things.....BIG MONEY, and BIG COMPANY backing!!

I'm truly surprised that no one has come up with the idea yet. You sit at a critical junction right this minute, and you don't even see it in front of your eyes.

Don't see it yet?? :confused: There is a fire burning right on top of one of your trails. The access to put this fire out is being hindered by obsticles placed "illegally" in the path of those that could be putting the fire out. Is property being damaged beyond this blockage? I suppose you've not cought on yet.

Someone has put out big money to fight this fire. Many have lost property to this fire that can't be fought. Who ends up paying for it???? Ahhhhhhhhh we come upon the preverbial cliff hanger.........THE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!! Do you think they would bat an eye at being able to regain some of their losses? How about preventing some of their future losses? How about going the extra mile to prove that a wrong has been done, and they are entitled to re-embursment? Some of the most POWERFULL people in this country are the insurance companies, and if you don't beleive that, just look at your insurance rates, and who is interveening. I think the only higher people are the big oil companies. You have a chance to get them on your side of the fight RIGHT NOW!

What about the fire fighters? Don't you think they would like to get that monkey off their backs? "We couldn't protect your property correctly because......." Wow, to have legal means to deny responsibility? Don't you think they would jump at that?

It's unfortunate that the fires out there are being hindered by what is going on in CA. However, I have to say that in the few months that I lived there, and the two elk hunts that I've been on in your state, I have come to the conclusion that it's a wonder you don't have more fires. The availablility of natural fuel is just amazing.

Well, I'll get off the soap box for now. I sure hope you folks don't mind a few ideas. I'd like to come out next summer and watch some of you nuts do some real climbing, and catch a few scenic miles myself.

supernatural
October 30th, 2003, 09:53 AM
your voiced concern is greatly welcomed and a great thought as well! welcome newb!

Grandpa Jeep
October 30th, 2003, 10:13 AM
That's a great idea Hunt! I don't suppose you would have any contacts within the insurance industry? I haven't heard of any injuries or fatalities due to this fire, but I tell you, if I lived up there, I'd be damn pissed that one of my escape routes was blocked.

saeufer82
October 30th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Boslough is an asshat and the Camera prints utter bulls--t, and not just on their letters page. If I had a dollar for every BS story those guys printed... Remember the cellphone radiation study? The one that said cellphones don't cause cancer? It was front page news on the Denver papers, but the Boulder Pravda (my apologies to the real Pravda newspaper) stuck it on the second page with a headline to the effect of "Cellphones might not cause cancer"

I was wheeling in LHC the night before that fire started as well. Some graemlins/rainbow.gif graemlins/flipoff.gif at work said "you must have started it" and i simply said "my rig has no catalytic converter. I didn't start it," which of course got me an even worse look and a lecture about air pollution graemlins/flipoff.gif (EPA says I'm allowed not to have a converter, so there graemlins/thefinger.gif )

People here want to protect the environment from people rather than for people. Remember, you shouldn't shoot prarie dogs, you should let your cattle break their legs. I doubt anyone up there sustained any property damage because that road was blocked, but if they did, their lawyers better get their @$$es in gear.

This town makes me sick. graemlins/puke.gif

The Daily Camera should have a new motto, tho: "At least we're not the Colorado Daily."