PDA

View Full Version : RIDE Press Release - From the radio to the race, RIDE takes over Colorado Springs

philly2crazy
June 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
http://ride-motorsports.com/RIDElogo-small.jpg

For Immediate Release:
Colorado Springs, CO, June 17, 2007 ? From the radio to the race, RIDE takes over Colorado Springs.

As the XRRA moved to Colorado Springs for the third leg of the 2007 Western Series, RIDE Motorsports teamed with ?Colorado?s Pure Rock? radio station KILO 94.3 to promote the series, the sport of rock racing and RIDE Motorsports Sponsors. Brooke and Lydia, along with team manager Tom, were guests on Colorado Springs? top rated morning show, The Ross and Mo Show. Brooke and Lydia explained the sport of rock racing, talked about how they got into off roading and thanked their sponsor for their support. The segments on the morning show went over so well, Lydia and Brooke were asked to be guests during KILO?s remote broadcast from 4 Wheel Parts during the lunch show, prior to the XRRA Tech Inspection. RIDE Motorsports seized the opportunity and brought the racer out in show condition to take center stage at the remote broadcast. Lydia and Brooke posed for pictures and signed autographs for fans, and while Brooke drew the raffle winners, Lydia fired up the racer, bring to life its Ford 347 motor live on the radio for the whole city to hear. ?We had a lot of fun today being on the air with 94 KILO.? Lydia said, ?It gave us an opportunity to meet lots of our fans, thank our sponsors and promote off roading as a whole.? The broadcast can heard in its entirety in the coming week on RIDE?s website, RIDE-Motorsports.com.

Saturday, RIDE Motorsports competed in the XRRA rock race in Colorado Springs. With the racer finally in good running order, there was an excitement for RIDE to hit their home course full on. A mix of good and bad luck came over the team as they were able to compete in all four races, but recurring issues kept them from a top finish. On course one, after dropping in off the 25 foot ledge, a throttle response problem ended their run prematurely. The crew was able to fix the problem, allowing Lydia and Brooke to continue, however steering problems led to RIDE breaking the boundary banners on two of the next three runs. Even with the minor issues, there was no stopping Lydia and Brooke from hitting the 20 foot gap jump, much to the excitement of the over 6000 fans in attendance. With all the ups and downs, RIDE was simply happy to put their early season setbacks behind them. ?It was great to be able to get out and run all four courses,? commented Brooke, ?that is a huge step forward for us and now we can work for higher finishes in Hannibal and Cortez.? Eleven teams had their days ended early by major breaks, but RIDE?s crew kept their rig running all day. ?The car was point and shoot over the obstacles and the Toyo tires hooked up amazingly.? Lydia stated, ?We learned a lot and we can draw from this experience for the rest of the season.? Toyo Tire captured its first win of the season as Peter Well of Wells Brothers Racing took home the Colorado Springs title. ?Steering was our biggest drawback today, the Howe system worked great, but our tuning radius was too small and didn?t give our team a chance to be competitive.? Team manager, Tom Guaraldo noted, ?We are also working with Fox to redesign the rear suspension to help with the unloading issue we noticed jumping. We have turned the racer over to Rock Ware, so we know it is in the best hands possible.? RIDE will next travel east for the XRRA Eastern Series event in Hannibal, MO in two weeks before running the Western Series fourth event in Cortez, CO in August.

For more information, visit the RIDE Motorsports website: ride-motorsports.com or contact RIDE@RIDE-Motorsports.com

JimhatTJ
June 19th, 2007, 08:45 PM
WOW thats crazy

I wasnt even there and know there wasnt a "25 foot ledge" or a "20 foot gap jump"....
:worthless:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

philly2crazy
June 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM
WOW thats crazy

I wasnt even there and know there wasnt a "25 foot ledge" or a "20 foot gap jump"....
:worthless:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Ask Shane what the jump was! He built it, it was a 20ft point to point jump. And the Lubes and I walked the course twice together on thursday and friday and measured/estimated every aspect of the course, the drop/climb was over 20ft. Granted it rounded by days end, but they ran 10th and at that point it was still pretty true.

There are pics in a number of different threads, I did not want to repost, but James, just for you, enjoy:

(Pics by Lubes, Jason @ High Rev & Chad Jock)
http://ride-motorsports.com/img/P1030174-400.jpg
http://ride-motorsports.com/img/P1030171-400.jpg
http://www.highrevphoto.com/pirate4x4/pirate4x40003.jpg
http://www.highrevphoto.com/pirate4x4/pirate4x40017.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/cj3185002/XRRA%20Colorado%20Springs/DSC_0336001.jpg
http://www.highrevphoto.com/pirate4x4/race15.jpg
http://www.highrevphoto.com/pirate4x4/race03.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/cj3185002/XRRA%20Colorado%20Springs/XRRA6-16-078.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/cj3185002/XRRA%20Colorado%20Springs/XRRA21.jpg

philly2crazy
June 19th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh and I have video as well, but that will have to wait for the next DVD - available in Nov/Dec 2007 ;)

nblehm
June 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I personally RAN up those hills and can vouche for the OVERALL height before they got rounded off...
Care to take our Jeeps out there and drop in and try to get back out?? I'll try if you try! And I don't recall any winch points up there... :flipoff2:

http://ride-motorsports.com/img/Finish.jpg

Loobz

philly2crazy
June 19th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I personally RAN up those hills and can vouche for the OVERALL height before they got rounded off...

http://ride-motorsports.com/img/Finish.jpg

Also note that Brad Lovell took that pic 4 days before the event and the guys at RAM were still cutting that ledge as of Thursday when we first when out there to see the course.

JeepWheelin02
June 20th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I personally know, that the ledge was only 12-15 tall. And this was Friday before anyone had run the course yet. And the jump was only 9ft across. I mean come on, if the jump was 20 ft then buggies front tires would not have been going up it when the back tires were still coming down it, for those that didnt jump it. But just to make you happy I will give Shane a call tonight and ask him. And 6000 fans? Please, where were they?

And as was said on another forum, someone definitely has a future in creative writing.

hurricane1000
June 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM
:popcorn: :stirpot: :popcorn:

philly2crazy
June 20th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I personally know, that the ledge was only 12-15 tall. And this was Friday before anyone had run the course yet. And the jump was only 9ft across. I mean come on, if the jump was 20 ft then buggies front tires would not have been going up it when the back tires were still coming down it, for those that didnt jump it. But just to make you happy I will give Shane a call tonight and ask him. And 6000 fans? Please, where were they?

And as was said on another forum, someone definitely has a future in creative writing.

I had a whole response to explain using pictures, points of reference, official numbers from past events, but what the point? You have an interest in making my team look bad and you just want to bitch, I can't help you with that...

We had high points and low points to our weekend, but we were out there, which is a huge win for us. Tracey called us while his rig was being fixed after course 1 and said "Congrats on making it farther that I did" we got a good laugh and we kept running. We have been fighting demons in this car since is was delivered less than 40% complete 2 weeks before Moab with a miss built engine. I knew we had issues going in, but the experience was worth the risk of a poor finish. You have no idea what it takes to race, look at the number of first year teams struggling this year, not to mention the veterans who can't pull it together. And no one has been watched as much as our team, is some of that our doing, yes, but now we have a month and a half till Cortez and IMHO the best Rock Racing shop in the country working out our kinks. We will run Hannibal in 2 weeks with the new steering and our new rear shox show up the week after, then lets see what happens. So please, make all the negative comments you want if that makes you feel better yourself, we will keep pushing forward just like we have. We have had a number of opportunities to throw in the towel, but thats not in our Character!

nblehm
June 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Hey Scotty two shoes, he was sayin the gap jump was 20+ feet, not the gap itself. I ran and jumped the gap on foot, we know it was around 10' wide... but the buggies left the ramp a good 5+ feet before the end of the tabletop where my feet left, and at least most of the people cruised well over the beginning of the landing ramp! Thus we have 9+' plus 5+' plus however many feet over the landing edge a buggy got, and you have 20-25' pretty easily. Did you ditch math class in elementary school to pull some girls hair, or what?!? :flipoff2:

Lubes

scottycards
June 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Props to you Philly2crazy. Until people have done it, they just can't imagine how hard it is to successfully compete in any type of motorsports.
I had a friend go to a race last month, only to have the friggin' tow rig break down 30 miles from the start line, and they missed the event.

You're doing what many others don't. You promote your team, you shout out to all your sponsors, you are active in the community, and the girls, well............let's just say it's great to see them out there racing. Very cool.

It takes a lot of self-promotion, sometimes seen as "shameless self-promotion" to get a team off the ground. You guys are doing what it takes.

Don't let teh haterz get you down, and don't sink to their level. Keep kickin' ass out there, and keep posting up!

Best of luck at your next event.

hurricane1000
June 20th, 2007, 11:00 AM
We have been fighting demons in this car since is was delivered less than 40% complete 2 weeks before Moab with a miss built engine. I knew we had issues going in, but the experience was worth the risk of a poor finish.

probably beating it up on carnage didnt help you much.

Hey Scotty two shoes, he was sayin the gap jump was 20+ feet, not the gap itself. I ran and jumped the gap on foot, we know it was around 10' wide... but the buggies left the ramp a good 5+ feet before the end of the tabletop where my feet left, and at least most of the people cruised well over the beginning of the landing ramp! Thus we have 9+' plus 5+' plus however many feet over the landing edge a buggy got, and you have 20-25' pretty easily. Did you ditch math class in elementary school to pull some girls hair, or what?!? :flipoff2:

Lubes

and your math is more like a guesstimate than an actual measurement, i think you are the one who should have paid more attention in class.

Camp
June 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM
OK, now that I have spent valuable time from my work day that is my lunch hour, cleaning up this thread, anyone else that wants to hijack this thread with thier own personal agenda that is obviously not related to this press release in any way shape or forum, is going to quickly be banned from the board permenantly. If this is not clear, feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to give you a severe vebal abusing before banning you. :mad:

SPY
June 20th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Props to you Philly2crazy.

Don't let teh haterz get you down, and don't sink to their level. Keep kickin' ass out there, and keep posting up!

Best of luck at your next event.

yep!

JeepWheelin02
June 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
You have an interest in making my team look bad and you just want to bitch, I can't help you with that...

I have no desire to make your team look bad. In fact I wish everyone that wants to compete can and does a good job of it. I wish yall the absolute best in competing.

However, coming out with a press release that is blatantly lieing about distances is just wrong, and it honestly looks like an attempt to make your team look better. So why not just "release" things as they actually are.

Lubes

Dude, just because the buggies left before and landed after the jump, doesnt make the jump any wider, it means they did jump a farther distance, but the jump itself was still only 9-10 ft wide. :flipoff2:

CSP
June 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Just purely out of curiosity, what press is this released to?

Or maybe a better question, who is the intended audience and what vehicle is being used to get it to that intended audience?

Camp
June 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Just purely out of curiosity, what press is this released to?

Or maybe a better question, who is the intended audience and what vehicle is being used to get it to that intended audience?

My guess would be that this is what he has sent to their sponsors, as the rest of us do, and then released it here to ensure proper coverage for the team and sponsors. We usually do them but, just not in this format. Sending them to your sponsors can be either via email or snail mail, depending on how big the file is and if you want to send a bunch of pictures or video. Getting your team coverage is the only way to make sure your sponsors get the coverage they are paying for. It is all about media impressions :D

JPGUY
June 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
but now we have a month and a half till Cortez and IMHO the best Rock Racing shop in the country working out our kinks. !

Damian did not say that you brought the rig to the shop?:flipoff2:

philly2crazy
June 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Wow, I go away for half the day and this is still going :D

Damian did not say that you brought the rig to the shop?:flipoff2:

Crap, I should have brought it there, I mean he is the driver of that killer Ground Control rig, at least that's what Staun told me ;)

JPGUY
June 20th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Crap, I should have brought it there, I mean he is the driver of that killer Ground Control rig, at least that's what Staun told me ;)

:flipoff2:

T3N5OR
June 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
glad to hear you made it out tom!!! sorry we couldnt be there but we had minions grabbing some good footie!!! keep up the good work!!! keep it twisted!!!