PDA

View Full Version : Whom should I contact?

hjeepxj
February 17th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I am doing a "Civic Participation" project for my Speech 103 class.

The topic that I have picked is Land Use and Trail Closures and such.

I am writing this letter to see what I can do to get involved on a National/Local level.

I have participated in trail cleanups in the past and I always follow the rules of Tread Lightly!

I was wondering if there will be any trail cleanups that I can participate in. Or if there was a link where this information can be had.

I am searching about stuff to do, but part of the project is to contact some "organizations" So I figured one that I am already involved in would be great.

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

-Andrew

JeepGirl
February 17th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Andrew -
First off, are you a friend of Mack's? If so, what ya done to the XJ lately? smile.gif

As for your question - contact Len Marks at welderlen@juno.com. He is heading up a group of Greeters for Lefthand/Carnage. The first week-end we'll be up there is this week-end. We will be "greeting" OHV users, informing them that the FS is looking into this area for possible closure and such. Len is also an officer, I believe, with the CO Association of 4wheel-drive vehicles (COA4WD I think).

The COA4WD also coordinates trail clean-ups through out the year. I met several folks from their various clubs at the LHC/Carnage yearly clean-up which is in April, I think.

Waverous on this board might be able to help you find contacts - he seems to know a lot of people and is very involved.

Another person to contact about land use issues is vb on this board.

Good luck on your project.

hjeepxj
February 17th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JeepGirl:
Andrew -
First off, are you a friend of Mack's? If so, what ya done to the XJ lately? smile.gif

As for your question - contact Len Marks at welderlen@juno.com. He is heading up a group of Greeters for Lefthand/Carnage. The first week-end we'll be up there is this week-end. We will be "greeting" OHV users, informing them that the FS is looking into this area for possible closure and such. Len is also an officer, I believe, with the CO Association of 4wheel-drive vehicles (COA4WD I think).

The COA4WD also coordinates trail clean-ups through out the year. I met several folks from their various clubs at the LHC/Carnage yearly clean-up which is in April, I think.

Waverous on this board might be able to help you find contacts - he seems to know a lot of people and is very involved.

Another person to contact about land use issues is vb on this board.

Good luck on your project. Yep, I know Mack.

Havent done anything lately to the heep, but I am planning on gears and lockers soon. graemlins/bounce.gif

Thanks for the tips! I look into those people/events.

Jeep-in-dna
February 18th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I have delt with COA4WD and COHVC a few times dealing with trail clean ups and grant proposals. Let me see if I can dig up a few names and e-mail adresses for you. I was dealing with a few of the directors of these orginizations, and they are very kind and helpful.

Matt

ZukGuy
February 18th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Check out the C.U.S.P. web site. They usually
have something going on for the Hayman Fire Restoration.

hjeepxj
February 18th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! smile.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif