PDA

View Full Version : Track TEAM TOE/Shaffer's Offroad at the Baja 500 online!

YJgirl
June 2nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
We can all watch the progress of Highmaintenance at the Baja 500 TODAY online at www.racetheworld.net (http://www.racetheworld.net). She's in truck #1705. They want to beat the Fat City team in #1790, and I think there is a beer bet involved. :D BTW - the guys in the 1790 are Alloy USA sponsored and Ron Strobaugh himself is driving (he owns Alloy USA/Precision Gear) so Cara and Mike gotta win!!!

Instructions to watch online: scroll down on the home page and click on Baja 500 and it will load a new screen. Click on Class 17 and check mark 1705 and 1790.

GET IT Cara and Mike!!!

:beer:

JimhatTJ
June 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM
anyone know what chase vehicle steph is in??

YJgirl
June 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
anyone know what chase vehicle steph is in??
She's supposed to be with DSI at Valle De Trinidad the last I heard.

Race starts at 10:30 Pacific, so its getting close!!!!

cheftyler
June 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Wow...that's a crappy map compared to previous years. Go HM!

jackrabbit
June 2nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
they're racing!

www.racetheworld.net

just started avg speed 35mph

cheftyler
June 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Looks like Cara and Mike have pulled in front of Alloy USA!

Conrad
June 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
damnit i cant see this from work....

JimhatTJ
June 2nd, 2007, 03:47 PM
i cant get the map to load now

cheftyler
June 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
The site appears to have stopped tracking, as the indicators haven't moved in over an hour...:shrug:

zukstur
June 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
So Val whats the word on the race.

BigE
June 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
If you go to the site and listen to the weather man it sounds like there is a big pile up because some crashed. :shrug: The weather man guy is pretty funny to listen to :D

skulltoy
June 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
It looks like Shaffer and Mama are stuck in the huge traffic jam at MM212. They have mentioned on weatherman that there is a huge traffic jam and no one can get around.

They've been sitting there for quite a while.

skulltoy
June 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
They are up and running again!

skulltoy
June 3rd, 2007, 02:58 AM
They just arrived at checkpoint #3.:D

skulltoy
June 3rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
They didn't move for a long time, but they are hitting the beach now.

I'm thinking Shaffer pulled over to wait for the sunrise, so he could take her on a nice sunrise beach cruise :flipoff2:

YJgirl
June 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
So Val whats the word on the race.
I haven't heard anything. Mike has 2 Satellite phones, but I'm not sure if he has one with him or what. I'm guessing that they will call Jackrabbit before me on anything.

YJgirl
June 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
The second half of the race the team from Vegas took over the 1705 car. Their current position is on Hwy 1 so I'm gussing its on a trailer and headed to Ensenada. Right where there at currently is outside of Santo Tomas and there is a security check point there that gets REALLY backed up.

skulltoy
June 3rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
The second half of the race the team from Vegas took over the 1705 car. Their current position is on Hwy 1 so I'm gussing its on a trailer and headed to Ensenada. Right where there at currently is outside of Santo Tomas and there is a security check point there that gets REALLY backed up.

Ever since they hit check 3 they have been stop and go, mostly stop. Just in the last our or so it looks like they skipped the beach and hit the highway.

creepycrawler
June 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Aproximately how far into the race is checkpoint 3? I can't get the map thingy to work.

creepycrawler
June 3rd, 2007, 06:43 PM
No updates? :shrug:

JimhatTJ
June 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
they wasnt able to finish the truck broke

Conrad
June 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
:(
they wasnt able to finish the truck broke

zukstur
June 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Thats to bad they broke but thats part of racing.

I'm sure the girls will have some good stories.

JeepWheelin02
June 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Yes the truck broke down. Mama dislocated a rib. She is ok. Im sure she will post up some when she gets back home later tonight.

zukstur
June 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
How did she hurt her ribs.

JeepWheelin02
June 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
From bouncing around the jeep so much.

YJgirl
June 4th, 2007, 12:48 AM
I just got off the phone with Cara and they just landed in Denver. Both her an Loopi have some GREAT stories to tell!!! She said she's still sore, but still kickin, and that she had a great time with Mike Shaffer. Better watch out Jackrabbit, she may be hooked and you think we have an expensive hobbie now.....:flipoff2:

T3N5OR
June 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM
YARRR good to hear everyone survived!!!

ColoradoXJ
June 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM
YARRR good to hear everyone survived!!!

as far as the girls, yes... but apparently someone died :(

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=97498&highlight=aid

MAMA
June 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Aaaaahhhhh Yes we are Home:) We had about 10 hours sleep since LAST TUESDAY NIGHT!!!! We got in at about 1am last night, got some sleep and we are slowly returning to "our" normal. I am working on uploading photos and posting our trip report, IT WAS AWESOME!!! A TON OF HARD WORK, BUT MAN DO I HAVE SOME CRAZY FUN STORIES!!!! Will get a trip report posted soon:)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

Everyone should try and get out there and try it atleast once in their lifetime:) I'm gonna make it a HABIT!!!

ColoradoXJ
June 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
welcome back!!!

that is so awesome that you got to do that. :D

JeepWheelin02
June 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm gonna make it a HABIT!!!

Mark you are in trouble now............

MAMA
June 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
UPDATE WE GOT SECOND PLACE!!! Because NOONE in our class placed, they re-looked at the times at checkpoints and awarded based on that. We got 2nd PLACE:)

JeepWheelin02
June 4th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Grats Cara.

cheftyler
June 4th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Awesome job Cara!

T3N5OR
June 4th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jward
June 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Aaaaahhhhh Yes we are Home:) We had about 10 hours sleep since LAST TUESDAY NIGHT!!!! We got in at about 1am last night, got some sleep and we are slowly returning to "our" normal. I am working on uploading photos and posting our trip report, IT WAS AWESOME!!! A TON OF HARD WORK, BUT MAN DO I HAVE SOME CRAZY FUN STORIES!!!! Will get a trip report posted soon:)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

Everyone should try and get out there and try it atleast once in their lifetime:) I'm gonna make it a HABIT!!!

I will need a second job if you make this a HABIT!!!! :eek: :flipoff2:

flexy
June 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Woohoo Cara and Mike way to go:D Glad you are home safe and sound- I have missed my am calls:)

MAMA
June 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I will need a second job if you make this a HABIT!!!! :eek: :flipoff2:

HEHE:) I was gonna sell Loopi for a case of STEEEKERS and then I could afford to build a rig... haha:)

And JUSTIN THANK YOU! Without your HUGE HUGE Donation as big as YOUR HEART I would have been standing at the border with a cup in hand going up and down the 3-7HOUR WAIT at the BORDER to get into the states:eek:

jward
June 4th, 2007, 11:22 PM
HEHE:) I was gonna sell Loopi for a case of STEEEKERS and then I could afford to build a rig... haha:)

And JUSTIN THANK YOU! Without your HUGE HUGE Donation as big as YOUR HEART I would have been standing at the border with a cup in hand going up and down the 3-7HOUR WAIT at the BORDER to get into the states:eek:

If you go next year you will be up against Marc - Big E - Me and our 1975 Jeep waggy with the Corona girls navigating. Oh and opening the Coronas! :D
It wont be the cutting edge of Baja rigs you can bet it will be fast as hell between P Stops!

Trudie and I were glad to help out, I know you will do the same for us "Next Week" when we buy our new rig! :flipoff2:

We are happy you and Loopie are home and hope it exceeded your dreams.

skulltoy
June 4th, 2007, 11:52 PM
...:worthless: