PDA

View Full Version : Banner ads

Eric
October 31st, 2002, 12:07 PM
In preparation for our integration with local vendors (ie. local 4x4-related advertising) I spent this evening trying to figure out where best to place the ads. You may have noticed the changes as the evening went by. For now I've decided to replace the standard bulletin board title image with the vendor's image / ad. I needed something as an example so currently there are three in rotation:
</font> Pirate4x4.com who provides us with a home.</font> TreadLightly.org to whom CO4x4.org is a member.</font> 4x4trails.net who has allowed us access to their trails database.</font>The banners are displayed at random. The rest of the site will also contain local ads but integration with the bulletin board software is the biggest biotch to get set up so that's all I've worked on so far. The rest will follow later. "Colorado4x4.org" is now noticably absent from the forum pages which makes it a little confusing so obviously I still have some organizing / layout work to do. I appreciate your patience while we go thru these changes.
If anyone has suggestions for banner integration please don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

[ November 01, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Eric ]

XTJ a.k.a. Mark
October 31st, 2002, 12:34 PM
First input is maybe something like a members vs non member status. I for one have been to just about every vendors website I know about them and frequent them when I need something at will.

That being said I would rather pay you directly a small fee to avoid getting banners like some of the other sites have done.

"BTW love the new gremlins keep em comin"

Eric
November 1st, 2002, 01:33 AM
Currently this BB software doesn't offer "group" designations so for now I'm unable to set up something like that :(

I changed my mind about the location of the ads. Back to the drawing board graemlins/rasta.gif I'm looking for something more subtle than that.

Aaron
November 8th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Eric, thanks for the updates. Any news yet on what is going to happen with a vendor section?

Eric
November 19th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Aaron@WickedWorks:
Eric, thanks for the updates. Any news yet on what is going to happen with a vendor section?I was all set then changed my mind on how I want to implement that :rolleyes: Trying to avoid opening Pandora's Box so to speak. I'll bounce an idea off you the next time I see ya. graemlins/beer.gif

Aaron
November 20th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Eric:
I'll bounce an idea off you the next time I see ya. graemlins/beer.gif So when are we going to go for a beer? You know my cell number, and the shop number is 303-762-8456.

[ November 20, 2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Aaron@WickedWorks ]

Eric
November 20th, 2002, 03:46 PM
That depends, you buyin'? graemlins/thefinger.gif No plans for the weekend yet, if you're around stop by or gimme a ring. Feel free to buy the GSX-R while your visiting too :D Heck I'll buy the graemlins/beer.gif s if ya do graemlins/laughing.gif

[ November 20, 2002, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Eric ]

Aaron
November 22nd, 2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Eric:
That depends, you buyin'? graemlins/thefinger.gif No plans for the weekend yet, if you're around stop by or gimme a ring. Feel free to buy the GSX-R while your visiting too :D Heck I'll buy the graemlins/beer.gif s if ya do graemlins/laughing.gif How many beers will it take to buy the bike? graemlins/thefinger.gif You know I am trying to get around to buying it next spring! I am busy this weekend but I might be able to take a break to run over to Jerry D's!

bsaunder
December 4th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Aaron & a GSX-R.....why do I have visions of road rash in my head graemlins/thefinger.gif

Aaron
December 5th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by bsaunder:
Aaron & a GSX-R.....why do I have visions of road rash in my head graemlins/thefinger.gif graemlins/thefinger.gif

It is only a 750! Not like it is a 1300 or anything!

BEN graemlins/thefinger.gif :D graemlins/thefinger.gif