PDA

View Full Version : Diamond eye 4" CTD good overall

Snake
March 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Let me just say..... BOLT ON MY ARSE!! I don't mind welding or cutting or whatever anymore, it would be just nice to know ahead of time. To compensate for all the different cab configurations they put in two long straight pipes and a lengthy over-axle section. I had to do some measuring and the cut out 3" of the over-axle and 3ft off of one of the straight pipes. Other than that it was a bolt on, but the only way to measure is to install half, measure, un-install, cut, re-install. Other than that it sounds great with 200 to 300 degrees lower in EGT's. Just need a nice tip now :)

Stumpalump
April 4th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I bought mine from Warpspeed. It's diamond eye also. Mine went on a little easier because it's a crew cab and I had no cutting. The hangers and stuff need mods but at the price of these kits I think it was great. Mine was on a 98 chevy TD 6.5.

MDert
August 7th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I bought the 4" DIamond as well, but for a 7.3 PSD. And it was a PITA to install as well. Had to cut, modify and weld quite a bit. I guess that's what you get for the low price.