PDA

View Full Version : TnT Inverted Triangulated Rear Suspension

luigi0523
March 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Just got back from Moab. We finally had a chance to put the T&T Customs Y-Link frt./Inverted Triangulated Rear Suspension on the TJ to work for the first time.
OK! before everyone gives me crap for no pics, let me explain. On Day3 of the trip my Wife was checkin out the view from the overlook at the top of Top Of The World Trail and dropped the camera into the valley below.
That said, The real story here is how GREAT the suspension worked. I have a Generation 1 version of the system, we'll be up-dating to the Advanced Double Triangulated Rear System soon to compare the two on the same rig. The newer version of the Inverted System has some design updates, but both are very much alike and are 90% bolt-on systems.
Before goin to Moab I had been trying out the TJ System on the pavement, doin panic stops, emergency lane changes, etc. I was happy to find the TJ handled better then it ever had before and was completely predictable on pavement.
On the Red Rock trails in Moab the Suspension worked GREAT and ARTICULATED extremely well. The System is very confidence inspiring and forgiving in all situations.
T&T's stuff is excellent in design and craftsmanship! I'm lookin forward to installin the Advanced Rear set-up and puttin it to work.
I will have PICs, for a future post, of the next trip to the San Rafeal in 3 weeks.

Ed :thumbsup:

www.tntcustoms.com

05Willys
March 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
I too just took out the new setup and my report is much the same. I have no worth while pics because I can't find the camera.

I went out to Carnage and found that the bumps were no longer jarring. I actually had a smooth ride offroad:D

I love the ride on the road as well. I drive btw Vail and denver twice a week for work/school and I could not be happier with the solid ride.

Bob has been great to deal with and I will not hesitate to have him work on my Jeep again.

The only problem I have had is how obsessive the T&T crew is. They will not let go untill EVERYTHING is just the way they want it, so if you are going to have them do custom work, expect the best, but don't expect it overnight.

I'll have pictures after the Moab trip.

410fortune
March 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
I am guessing the camera didnt quite make it! WOW thats quite a drop!

luigi0523
March 3rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
:shrug: The SD card may have survived! But I wasn't GOIN DOWN AFTER IT!!! :D

410fortune
March 3rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
there is another trail that leads to the spot below the TOW overhang hahaha

I love that place, I have to hit that trail every time on the way out of Moab back to denver.

RockYacht
March 5th, 2007, 07:00 AM
You guys are killin me. :flipoff2:

Bob

luigi0523
March 5th, 2007, 09:41 AM
You guys are killin me. :flipoff2:

Bob

HEY BOB, just get back to work! :D

SoffaKinBad
March 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
im running one of TNTs "Double Triangulated Rear Suspension" and it seems to work real nice.
i have been up in the snow a few time with the new kit, and found out the amount of wheel drop and flex is crazy, the belly pan really slides nice too lol.
as for daily driving, its like night and day from my old short arms with the same 4 inch spring and shocks. i was driving to Denver on I-25 running 75 ish and no hint of death wobbles anymore. and running up the canyon its more stable then most cars, im not even running a rear sway bar.
i really like the way the kit works. the only thing i would like to change is the upper rear shock mounts, it would be nice to gain a bit more up travel by using a taller upper shock mount. i think Bob has been working on too, maybe as on option or upgrade. hint hint lol.

i would have say all dealing with TNT has been GREAT!
i had a few questions wile i was doing the install, and Bob was very helpful every time i called. he even drove down to Ft.Collins after hours to give me a hand and check a few things for me. talk about standing behind your product!
thanks again for all your time and help Bob!
Scott

luigi0523
March 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=SoffaKinBad;715549]
i really like the way the kit works. the only thing i would like to change is the upper rear shock mounts, it would be nice to gain a bit more up travel by using a taller upper shock mount. i think Bob has been working on too, maybe as on option or upgrade.

x2 I've thought about the same thing. Bob and I talked a little, and I was going to work on a design myself, but haven't got around to it.

05Willys
March 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Check -sean-'s rig for a shock tower Hint hint.

Malamute
March 6th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Like these? :)

http://www.tntcustoms.com/Shop_View/Resized_DSC04571.jpg

SoffaKinBad
March 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM
hey Sean, or Malamute
at full "flat" compress, on both bump stops,, how much room do you have between the top links and the tub floor? and are you running a body lift, and size?
with the stock top shock mounts and no body lift im loosing about 4 inches of "spring" up travel on a "flat" compress when the top arms just touch the tub floor. thats about the same place the shock stop too.
that why i wanna do the long upper mounts too.
i know TNT is working on putting out the best stuff they can. so if we can tweek with it and give Bob some good feedback it helps them to have a better product too.

05Willys
March 27th, 2007, 11:01 PM
How's this for a pic of the lift Bob?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/patfleege/P1010811.jpg

Gave everyone there a good look:o

TJ_Shunk
March 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
:redx2:

05Willys
April 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
fixdid it