PDA

View Full Version : Skyjacker Rock-Lock Swaybar System

luigi0523
September 21st, 2006, 09:46 PM
I had heard about the new Skyjacker Rock-Lock Swaybar system, for TJ's, turn the knob, unlocked, turn back, locked, Great! I thought!
I couldn't find one at a local dealer to touch and feel, so I started looking online and found 4 Wheel Parts had them and were in stock in the Denver warehouse, so, I placed the order.
When the UPS guy showed up I took the box and went directly to the garage to begin the installation. When I went to adjust the end links I noticed a lot of free travel in the arms, and no way to adjust it out. It turned out all the free play was caused by the poor fit between the bar splines and the 2 internal gears in the hub.
I was amazed how much body roll it caused even around town and it was Horrible if not Dangerous to drive on mountain roads. On S curves when the body pitches to one side and then the other you could hardly keep it in your lane, even on straight roads it was at best, squirrelly!
I tried everything to correct or help the situation but nothing worked.
I then called Skyjacker directly to see what could be done, they were no help and rather rude.:flipoff2: They told me to go back to 4Wheel Parts, 4WP told me I could not return it because I didn't have the box and it had been installed (if I didn't install it,how would I know if it worked or not?) Anyhow to make a long story short, after 3 days of wrangling I finally got hold of the Skyjacker Western Rep. and he got me a return authorization.
Now I'm back to what works, JKS Quicker Disconnects.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE ROCK-LOCK the TERA-FLEX looks much better!

ratster
September 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the real world reveiw.

luigi0523
September 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
ratster, I just hope others can gain something from my BAD experience with this product.

Ed

moabrangler
September 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
I have the Tera Flesx SST disco system .NO problems Works GR8