View Full Version : XRRA Cedar City Results

philly2crazy
September 17th, 2006, 10:22 AM
1. Rick Deremo
2. Dean Bullock
3. Weston Blackie
4. Peter Wells
5. Terry Howe

I have 3+ hours of video and 300+ pics, they will be up by Tuesday (the internet connection from here sucks)!

Stories of the day:
Dean Bullock brought out the Zuk: he was out classed in vehicle, under powered, undersized in tires and never competed in a Rock Race. On the first course he blew the Ring and Pinion, it made real bad noise, but engaged enough to get him through the course. He change out the R&P before his next run. He didn't run a single course in under 2 minutes or in over 3! He was the model of consistency and earned a second place finish.

Shannon would have won the race, he had a 2 and a half minute lead over everyone with under 100 ft to go in his final course, but he came around the last turn to quick, got on two wheels and rolled in the flats (Superlift TV has the only video and its awesome)... That put the series up for grabs going into CO Springs! Westen will now have the series lead followed closely by Shannon, JT and Rick (in some order). It's any ones game!

zukstur
September 17th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Check it out four coloradians in the the top five.

Shannon was ahead of us by only 1:21 seconds going into the last course, which is a big marign to make up when he was running flawless.

philly2crazy
September 18th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I did quick math, sorry, I must have been off by a few... either way he had the race and likely the series in the bag, but now there will be a lot of excitement for Springs. I can't wait, plus its a much shorteer drive for me :D

zukstur
September 18th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Shannon did have it in the bag, but thats racing. Now its up for grabs for several teams.

How far do you guys live from springs?

philly2crazy
September 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Im in Springs, about 20 min max to the course =)

skulltoy
September 18th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Had a great time at the event, here are the pics we got.

http://www.rccrawler.com/gallery/cedar/

TerryHowe
September 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM
As I said on POR, thanks to Rick D for helping me out with equipment so I could run!

Had a great time out there in Cedar, I always like the rocks and great camping at Three Peaks. It was great to visit with everyone. Some people, like Mike Palmer I hadn't seen in a long time.