PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Creek 06/24/2006

cewtwo
June 26th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Some of us did an impromptu Jenny Creek trail ride last Saturday. We were airing down for the trail (isn't it one of the very worst access roads?) when we decided to ride it together.

Each of us experienced trouble at one point or another on the trail. One of us got stuck at the high point in a snow drift on the trail. One of us got stuck in a snow covered area on a rise. Me? Coming out of the creek at one point, my passenger side front tire found a sharp edge that caused a rim pinch and a fair-sized hole in the sidewall of the MTR that let all of the air out rather quickly. Thank goodness for the hi-lift, air compressors and air tools. Funny thing was there was another Jeep just down below from that point that had a rim pinch on the same tire off of the same rock. He just had a screw jack and was slowly building up a rock platform under to change the tire. He was happy that he got some help. You got to help other people on the trail!

Did we get all the way up to Yankee Doodle lake? No... There was a substantial snow field covering the trail at the top. It would have required two winchings, accurate spotting and lots of luck, so we decided to try it again later in the season.

We took lots of pictures, but I won't post them here. Although we made every attempt to stay on the trail and act responsibly, this website and forum are quick to judge others and ascertain that everybody goes off trail. If you were in the group, e-mail me and I'll send you a link.

What a great way to spend a Saturday. We got stuck, got to winch, tested our tires, tested our abilities, met some new people with this shared interest and had a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone that rode along.

Just so you know, I was the guy that ran ahead and was taking pictures of the rigs.

Charlie

jdogg4
June 27th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I pinched off my vaulve stem in that creek and ended up with a flat. Thats the only time I've gotten a flat on a trail was on JC.

BJamin'
June 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
We were able to make it to the lake on Sunday with easy/moderate winch. Once we got onto the top of the snow we got right up. Couldn't do it without the winch, and going back down by way of the creek would probly be more fun.

CU Buff 4Runner
June 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I made it up to the lake on Saturday, but I also need a winch. I thought that I could possibly make it up when looking at it, but that layer of slush was way to slick.

Gary Goodrum
June 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Definatly a fun Saturday! Thanks for the help and I cant wait to see the pictures!

Rubikon06
June 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM
It was definitely a fun time with everyone and thanks for leading us through. I look forward to seeing the pictures. Did Jeepster get his tire replaced yet?

Jeepster
June 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
It was definitely a fun time with everyone and thanks for leading us through. I look forward to seeing the pictures. Did Jeepster get his tire replaced yet?
The tire is at Discount right now. They are replacing it for $23(the cost of a new Certificate and old tire disposal) Not bad for a $175 tire...I broke...
The guy did ask "how it happened?" I told him "I didn't know, i must have hit something".

Gotta love "Road Hazzard"...
Not sure why they sell to me anymore, as I have claimed at least 5 new tires with it in the last 4 years.