PDA

View Full Version : ROKMEN Mercenary TJ Sliders

trailbuilt
June 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Well After shopping for awhile I decided to buy ROKMEN Mercenary TJ Sliders.
I wanted sliders that went from fender to fender because I am not running flairs.Also I wanted a beefy mounting system for the under side of the skid.I have seen other companies use nut serts or rivets on the under side and I wasent a big fan of that.Rokmen use bolts that go clear throught the floor and have backing plates on the inside under the carpet.The install was easy and the hardware was top notch.No corners cut here.I am very happy with the and cant wait to bash them!

300K XJ
April 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
X2

Quality product, excellent customer service, local manufacturer.

Jeff was a pleasure to work with, was very customer service oriented and exhibited extreme pride in the craftsmanship of Rokmen products.

Mine were for an Unlimited.

One note: if you have the Rubi, or the sound bar option- Be sure to use caution when drilling through the drivers side rocker. I got lucky on this, you may want to undo the plastic tabs holding the wiring and hold it out of the way to make sure you don't have some sodering work to do if you are unlucky.

Cut down the bolts that protrude through the floor and/or tape over them to protect your carpeting. Got unlucky here putitng that off to long.

300K XJ
April 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Almost forgot:

GET THE GASKETS, AND AFFIX THEM BEFORE YOU START LINING THE SLIDERS UP. That way you can save yourself time and scratches that may not get covered up once you select final placement.

Buy the reinforment brackets and don't chintz out- get the maglight holder. Mount the relocation bracket, then pull the carpet over the bracket, next INSTALL SCREWS through the carpet and maglight holder. That way you may not have to cut the carpeting, but you can still back out the screws to remove your carpeting and it looks more trick.

If you are meticulous like me, use a q-tip to coat the raw metal on all holes drilled for sliders and reinforcement brackets, with paint of your choice. INSIDE AND OUTSIDE HOLES.

trailbuilt
April 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I Have My second set of Rokmen Sliders on My New LJ....They are the best....nuf said