PDA

View Full Version : Spring creek 6/17

dentedfender
June 18th, 2006, 05:37 PM
It was the first time I ran the trail and I had a great time. After a few trys on the first big slick rock thing I climbed right up with no problems. Then some people came up behind us in a big ranger, after alot of failed trys and some airing down he made it up, almost floped though, and then slamed the gas to recover and almost took us out with him. Then some kid that came with my buddy decides to pull down one of the big logs blocking off one of the closed areas :mad: and tells me to romp up it. I called him a dumbass and told him its cuz of kids like you that trails get closed down :tisk:.(i guess this kid has a black tj on 37s if you ever see him on the trail keep on eye on him) We got a little bit more up the trail and there was a jeep with a broken brake line or something, i know one of the guys is on this board, hope you got it off the trail ok. We continued up to the rock garden, I tried and made all of the harder lines except for one and ended up denting my front diff. Then at the top the xj got stuck so we threw a line on him and continued on. All in all it was a good trip the runner did great, but the next thing i need to get is dual cases.

dentedfender
June 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Here are the pics, there isn't to many no one wanted to take pics so i snaped as many as i could when i wasn't driving.
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/slideshow.jsp?auto=1&aid=67b0de21b3641556e40f&js=1150676012109

Ford Prefect
June 18th, 2006, 07:22 PM
uuhhh

Nope, picts did not come, just some logon screen

dentedfender
June 18th, 2006, 07:37 PM
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/dentedfender/

How about that one?

Jimmy
June 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Me and two other LRs ran Spring Creek on Saturday. We met the TJ buggy in your pics at the rock garden. They hung around to watch me try to make it through... but I threw in the towel after getting over the first set of big rocks. It took too much bashing on my part to make it. But, that's what skids are for. :D

Here's a link to our pics: http://www.intonowhere.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=springcreek06 The ones I took should be on there tomorrow.

dentedfender
June 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
You guys must of been right in front of us then, do you ever happen to run into the guy with the flat fender willys buggy?

CJ5in'
June 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I was in the group with the Jeep that broke the brake line. He got it patched up and made it the rest of the way through.

Jimmy
June 19th, 2006, 10:31 PM
You guys must of been right in front of us then, do you ever happen to run into the guy with the flat fender willys buggy?

Yep. That was one purtty buggy - looked like it should have been in a magazine. :) He followed us down most of the way to Georgetown.

Hayes
June 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM
DENTEDFENDER: Do you think a stock 85 4ruuner would be able to handle this trail?

Vinman
June 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
DENTEDFENDER: Do you think a stock 85 4ruuner would be able to handle this trail?

yah youll be taking bypasses and you might get some body damage unless you have protection

dentedfender
June 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM
and you might have problems in the rock gardens.