PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's at Moab May 7th - 14th

denver_guy
May 15th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for a great week of wheeling. I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to seeing you on the trail again.

I will have pictures soon and I will post them as soon as they are available.

Chad
BLUE 68 P.O.S Bronco

Paco9191
May 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Hey Chad...I have that video of you coming out of the hot tub :eek: ...:hail: along with some other pics. I haven't upgraded my membership, so I can't post pics yet. Send me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Paco

bsaunder
May 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Was a great time as usual! - Unfortunately it seemed to be the highest $$ breakage one yet. 2 D60 r&P (on the same rig), 2 D60 35 spline front shafts, 8-9 1310 driveshaft ujoints, 9" r&P, 2 D20 outputs, 2-3 9" yokes.. That?s all I know of, but I think there was more.

We'll have some pictures on the club site and John L. will be hosting a lot more pictures and video at Broncofix too.

Extra thanks to Wild Horses, BC Broncos, Tuffy, BFE Films, Broncitus, MidAtlatic Early Bronco Club, Old Horse Racing, ORI, and Cracker for the raffle prizes. And to Dan Wright for the BBQ and Area BFE for hosting it.

If you haven't been out to Area BFE lately, its definitely worth your time. They have put in a lot more trails and are adding more and more. Absolutely great people running the place; so please donate when you go out there (box is a green sculpture made of broken parts) so they can continue to keep it open.

Great to meet more fanatics and put some more faces with names.
(maybe next year myBronco will run longer than just getting off the trailer...)

denver_guy
May 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I HAVE A BETTER E MAIL TO SEND TO IF ANYONE HAS PICS.

cwadsworth@mmtdenver.com

Steve
May 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
(maybe next year my Bronco will run longer than just getting off the trailer...)

OK Ben, spill the beans... :flipoff2:

Steven_Mc
May 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM
All that carnage and no PICS???? :rant: :headbang:

:worthless:

bsaunder
May 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
OK Ben, spill the beans... :flipoff2:

nothing too juicy unfortunately....ran for 3 days before hand and broke in the engine. Fired up great to get on the trailer, ran to get off the trailer (at little rich, with a rough idle, but not too bad) - then died in the camp ground.

Figured out that ceramic coating on my exhaust was messing with the O2 ground, but also have something messed up in the TFI or Hall sensor as the computer would cut power to the engine after ~5-20min of run time and then not allow it to run (ie not turn on the fuel pumps except at initial key-on) for ~3-4 hours no matter what we tried. Stayed in camp the first day to trouble shoot it and found a few things, but still never got it to run well. Finally got it fired so I drove it onto the trailer to have it die again and it hasn't fired since. Tried several other times with the help of several other people to no avail out there and tried again at home; but now I get a nice metallic screech from my tranny like it?s blown or something (and park no longer holds the rig). So it?s sitting in the garage and maybe in a few weeks I'll take a look at it again - right now I just want to torch it.

Paco9191
May 15th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Here's a few pics we took while we were out there.....

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewAlbum.do?user=guest&mode=guestView&shareInfo=aeVRhXusOtLf1xZ4FKvfnD9hXBvSWDwEirih65ZwAeG%252FjFCnkV3ciA%253D%253D&albumId=65245.801.1147722202963.3

cracker_1
May 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Had a great time as well, met alot of EB nuts, same as me! I was responsible for broken rear slip yokes, rear leaf spring center bolts, and my winch line snapped while I was winching out of Hell's gate when the EB would not run. The rest of the time was spent running the Pickle at night and again in the daylight, Rusty Nail, Golden Spike, Hell's Revenge and Behind the Rocks. Led a few trails and enjoyed the rest!

cracker_1
May 15th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Here's a few pics we took while we were out there.....

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewAlbum.do?user=guest&mode=guestView&shareInfo=aeVRhXusOtLf1xZ4FKvfnD9hXBvSWDwEirih65ZwAeG%252FjFCnkV3ciA%253D%253D&albumId=65245.801.1147722202963.3
Nice pixs Gene. Looks like you and Randy made it home O.K.

Jason's CJ5
May 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM
http://shutter02.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/07/00A/0F/7F/E3/3A/O0vcezRLmIC11abkc25CtkrtpsV9DMfh0300.jpg

can you believe that this guy bought this Bronco and a few days later was beating the crap out of it in Moab.

cracker_1
May 15th, 2006, 05:14 PM
http://shutter02.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/07/00A/0F/7F/E3/3A/O0vcezRLmIC11abkc25CtkrtpsV9DMfh0300.jpg

can you believe that this guy bought this Bronco and a few days later was beating the crap out of it in Moab.

yes

XLSLC
May 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, I tagged along with you for a bit on Hells Revenge saturday. Very impressive in the hot tub Chad. Too bad mr. shiny white jeep didn't have such an easy time.
Hope to see you guys around some other time as well!

Scott

rockkrusher
May 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM
hey gene where are the ones of commando randy on his side?

Paco9191
May 18th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I took those w/ Clayton's camera. I'm just waiting for him to send them to me.