PDA

View Full Version : Lefthand 04/04/06 ..... ok and 04/03 and 04/02

Instigator
April 5th, 2006, 02:40 AM
A group of us (mostly non board members...but hopefully soon to be members *yeah I mean you mattie I am sure you are reading this*) headed up to left hand the past few nights to get some wheeling in. I think I can speak for all of us when I say we needed our fix after months of no wheeling. We went up on Sunday and Monday night pretty late didnt make it too far past five points but had a blast. Today we started up the actual trail, just played at the playground and had even more fun. Even found caves I had no idea were there. The trail looked very clean at night but was actually pretty torn up we saw in the daylight today. We all made our best effort to pack out more than we packed in. Here are some great pics to go along with it **kudos to mattie** I have a few more I will get posted up soon.

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2O7PPTUMQ8RFJ03LO7NXP65PUR

I have a question for all you lefthand experts. I have been to an amethist (spelling??) cave up near lefthand but have no idea where it is?? Any ideas??

ArloGuthroJeep
April 5th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Nics pics, should have winched the XJ through that obstacle;) The night time pics looks awesome:D

ZJbrandon
April 5th, 2006, 09:39 AM
bummer, can't see the pix, Donya...:shrug:

"File Transfer: Unavailable
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

The file has most likely exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient. "

jjeepcherokeer
April 5th, 2006, 09:49 AM
linky no worky

Wild Hare
April 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
caves are on the connection between top of lefthand and route to firemans.

Waifer2112
April 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
linky no worky

x2. Waaahhhh!

ArloGuthroJeep
April 5th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'll upload the zip file for the rest to lookie at in a bit:D

ArloGuthroJeep
April 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Resized all the images down so it doesn't destroy my bandwidth...new zip file:
http://www.gu3.net/temp/2006_04_04.zip (22MB)

Instigator
April 5th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Sweet thanks Arlo! I think we could have gotten the XJ up with a lil more time too. Told him next time he doesnt get out of it. Thanks Wild Hare I will check it out!

keithscianna1
April 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
how do you get to the caves?
how deep do they go?

DKSauron
April 9th, 2006, 10:37 PM
What?! You mean you didn't go through Carnage by yourself in the middle of the night without airing down or even diconneting? Oh, wait....I'm the only dumbass around here that doesn't make the right turn and does that kinda of stupidity... :tisk:

Looks like you finally got Donya up the squeeze by the tree though. Any more carnage...like a busted headlight? ;)

Instigator
April 14th, 2006, 05:04 AM
the caves are scattered along the trail just keep a look out and you will see them. None of them that I have been in go too deep. The big cave is down the dead end from five points.

haha Josh. I got up the squeeze a couple of days before you came up with us when it was not so muddy...and the day before that too. No more carnage since the busted head light. Although Jamie did run her new ZJ into Charlie.