PDA

View Full Version : i got out!

Gunter
April 3rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
to bitter springs!LOL
http://www.nv.blm.gov/vegas/Recreation/byways.htm
for such a trashy locale,the off road areas were cleaner than any i seen in denver.we even found petraglyphs at 2 stops along the way.i forgot the camera..........we did see a guy in an isuzu trooper with a flat....no jack,no lug wrench.he told us there were 2 guys(from a Jeep we passed earlier)ROLLING 2 tires to rescue a vehicle.their jeep had radiator problems.let me tell you,this place is DESOLATE.to take 2 tires by foot from one broken down vehicle to another is DUMB.we came out at lake mead.my first time running around in washes,and damn there are a lot of sharp jagged pointy pokey things out here.this road is no worse than rampart range rd..........but hella remote.i need to re think my kit that i go wheeling with.this environment can kill you if you get stupid.it was in the 70's today--very nice out.on the lake mead side there was a 3-5 mile section of nothing but washes--100 yeards wide and reasonably smooth.i will be bringing the bug down that!!
all of this is very close to LV.but do plan a whole day to get it done.amazing views as well.next time i will get pics.
scott

jeepinwelch
April 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Sounds like quite an adventure! I can't believe someone would go to such a remote place without basic gear. Some peoples kids!

CLYDE
April 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
be dang careful in those washes,, you might find out what the term flash flood means, the hard way, it wont be just a little water, it will be a wall of water, doesnt even have to be a cloud near ya, but somewhere up hill if it rains, can be trouble....

Gunter
April 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
be dang careful in those washes,, you might find out what the term flash flood means, the hard way, it wont be just a little water, it will be a wall of water, doesnt even have to be a cloud near ya, but somewhere up hill if it rains, can be trouble....
definately!!! always keeping an eye open around here!! we are gonna get hosed tomorrow w/rain ugh!LOL