PDA

View Full Version : Indy Run on Video

billybobx
March 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM
We went down there a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Thanks for Jocko he took some video and edited it and well I will let you be the judge. Thanks Jocko for the work and I hope the rest of you enjoy the video. It is almost a 1/2 hour long so sit back and grab a cold one.

Click Here for video (http://www.brokenyokes.com/viewtopic.php?p=2940&sid=93b7445641ac04098bc370db4df6713d#2940)

thekiffer
March 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Man, nice vid!!

DrewZ2A
March 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Great Video!!!
Is that trail something a fullsize rig could do without to much trouble?

billybobx
March 25th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I would have to be honest on a fullsize rig, I have never seen one go through it. I know that they have so I am not sure how they would do. I would think in some areas it would be tight. On other areas it might help them. I am sure there is someone on the boards that has run it with a fullsize.

twistedcherokee
March 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I was down there until 12:00pm one day and they still were not out. They started at 9:00am and there were only 2 of them. A lot of breakage and one had a 60 front with 35 sline axles. May want to check with Steve Rickards (spl) I know he has done it.

Toby

Crazy5
March 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I'm watching the video now... pretty slick, though the audio is rough on the low-res version. Is the high-res version available yet? I do some video editing from time to time, and my personal preference is to add in more of the original audio (engines, smart-ass comments, etc.), and play with the volume levels of the music and original sound to balance them as necessary. Also, the music is a bit heavy for my tastes, but that's just me. Nice Job.

BrownCJ
March 25th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Nice:) :) :) :) Hopefully we have some video from Montrose:D

Jocko
March 26th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for hosting the video, Billybob.

I agree the music is pretty hard. I normally don't listen to that kind of music. I don't think other music genres fit the trail, and would seem out of place. I made a video of that trail last year with a more mild music set. I was told it didn't fit. I think the music fits the trail, even though I have no idea what some of them are saying :D. As far as quality goes, I am not a video editing guru. I have only made a couple. A friend of mine filmed it and I took it from there. My passion is photography.

HMMMM, Montrose?

billybobx
March 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
You should go to Montrose Jocko! It should be a lot of fun. Thanks agian for doing the Penrose Video.:D I have seen it about five times know but my boy has watched at least 10 times. I think he likes seeing dad roll :laughing:

Crazy5
March 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
As far as quality goes, I am not a video editing guru. I have only made a couple. A friend of mine filmed it and I took it from there. My passion is photography.

I'm not a guru either... Just trying to pass on a few things that I've picked up. As far as quality is concerned, it came out good. The only issue with the audio quality is likely from the amount of compression required to get that long of a video down to a manageable file size. I'm betting that the high-res version doesn't have that problem. I'm impressed that you were able to maintain that much video quality in that small of a file size. What program did you use to put that together? :thumbsup:

Jocko
March 26th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I used roxio creator 8. I bought it because windows movie maker wouldn't read mpeg2. I guess there are downloads you can use to convert mpeg2 to AVI, but I haven't been able to get any to work. If anyone knows of a program to convert to avi, enlighten me please.

Jocko

Funrover
March 26th, 2006, 10:12 PM
That was friggen AWSOME!!!!!! Loved the video!!

98XJDMB
March 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
thats an awsome video... is there a super high res one that i could watch on my tv? ( got the 45 meg one, but i'm sure you got one even bigger)

Napoleon
March 26th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I have taken my fullsize rig through there, would have been fine if i didn't blow a bead. Mind you i am running 49" IROKS it is tight in some areas but nothing a tug sideways from the winch can't solve :)

Jay

billybobx
March 27th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I used roxio creator 8. I bought it because windows movie maker wouldn't read mpeg2. I guess there are downloads you can use to convert mpeg2 to AVI, but I haven't been able to get any to work. If anyone knows of a program to convert to avi, enlighten me please.

Jocko

Jocko I will burn one to disc for you. It is a easy program to use and will do any codec that you want.

Wally
March 27th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Looks like FUN, i love seeing video

bustanutley
March 27th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Oh man, COB good choice

87k10
March 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
seriously, that was some great music.