PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse 3/12/06

mtn WJ
March 12th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I took two of my kids to Slaughterhouse today. There was a fresh dusting of snow last night. There were just a couple others on the trail including a couple Pinz guys and a group was just getting started as we were leaving with a couple XJs and a ZJ.

There is a shot of the infamous Stump Hill Closed Sign just in case anyone still has doubts.

If you look close one of the pics has a coyote in it. Can you find which one it is?

We did not do the entire trail do to time contrainsts.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2108401403

otisdog
March 12th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Pretty with the snow down there. I think I saw the coyote but I'm not sure.
jim

ishmaelcallme
March 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
The Colorado Go-4s club was up there yesterday, and we did some work dragging logs across the closed sections and re-erecting signs and such. We got a bunch of pics and GPS coordinates of closed areas as well. Our goal was basically to make it possible for folks who want to obey the law to be able to tell what sections of the trail are closed. Look for a post on results soon.

It had just started to snow pretty hard when we were leaving. From your pics, it looks like it got about 4" or so overnight. Always a fun trail.

wpcheairs
March 12th, 2006, 10:54 PM
It looks like you guys did a good job closing stump hill. There are always people out there that don't agree with the closings and will rip all your hard work away making it passable again. Maybe this time it will last a while though. If the area is well marked, (which it looks like it is now) I think that the majority of people will respect the closure. I know that I was up there on Feb 25th and there were all kinds of tracks going up the hill. In their defense, I didn't see any signage stating any closure.

So I state again....Good job to everyone that was involved in putting adequate barriers and signage up.

OffroadGirl
March 13th, 2006, 10:37 AM
If you post up coordinates and info about what is closed on the trail I'll repeat the information on TrailDamage.com too if that's okay. Thanks!

REDLYNER
March 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Cool pictures! Nice job on Stump hill. That is clearly marked! Last time I was there it wasn't marked off at all (two years ago). Only reason I knew not to run it was from some notes I read on the web.

CJ5in'
March 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hey, now it looks closed :thumbsup: