PDA

View Full Version : Chile Challenge

billybobx
February 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Well a few of us went down to the Chile Challenge and had a good time playing down there. We did a few trails Tabasco Twister, Rocotillo Rapids and Patzcuaro's Revenge. Rocotillo Rapids was our favorite trail. We ran Patzcuaro's Revenge with some guys from Denver but we didn't get any photos of you guys sorry. =( We have a few photos of the trip on our club site so if you want to check them out click here (http://www.brokenyokes.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=9).

JeepDiva
February 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Great pics! It's been about 4 years since we've made it to Las Cruces...but it still looks as awesome as I remember. I'd love to go to Chile Challenge sometime. What did you think of the event itself?

billybobx
February 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM
it was good it just seemed like a long drive for trails that have 3 to 5 obstacles, it was a little over 600 each way for us. The weather was great, it was in the low 70's each day :) They did a nice job of putting the event on IMO and from what I could tell the locals love to come out and watch people run the trails. We never made in back to the fair grounds for the free dinners so I couldn't tell ya how the meals where.

VortecCJ
March 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
We had fun wheeling with you guys down there. We wouldn't mind meeing up with you guys sometime in Colorado. Hey Chad, the oil from your jeep on that rock made that line harder, thanks! :) 303-215-9535

Sprnklrmn
March 3rd, 2006, 07:13 AM
Great pics! It's been about 4 years since we've made it to Las Cruces...but it still looks as awesome as I remember. I'd love to go to Chile Challenge sometime. What did you think of the event itself?

I'm in! This is also on my list of stuff I want to do.

JeepDiva
March 3rd, 2006, 07:28 AM
I'm in! This is also on my list of stuff I want to do.

I'm holding you to that... :D

billybobx
March 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
We had fun wheeling with you guys down there. We wouldn't mind meeing up with you guys sometime in Colorado. Hey Chad, the oil from your jeep on that rock made that line harder, thanks! :) 303-215-9535

He thought that you guys needed something to make it a little interesting. How was the group run through there? Didn't you guys run that the day before after Patz?

Ramjettj
March 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM

Hey,I aim to please:D ! Actually I thought I would try to make things a little more exciting for everyone down there. To bad you werent there about 1 hour earlier it was a good show:rolleyes:

Anyway, it was good meeting you guys and we would be happy to run some trails with you.

VortecCJ
March 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Yea, we ran it with two rigs in about 40 min. that day after patz. It took about 6 hours to get, i think it was 10 rigs, through on sat.

billybobx
March 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
That is what we thought was going to happen so that is why we hit it first thing in the morning. We had 5 rigs and one rollover and it took us trailer to trailer about 2 1/2 hours.

VortecCJ
March 3rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
I couldn't believe the number of spectators on sat. The parking lot on top looked like a broncos game. I made sure to make an ass out of myself on the very first obstacle by getting high centered. At least i was able to get off the rock by myself.

Dallas Lemon
March 3rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=VortecCJ]I couldn't believe the number of spectators on sat. The parking lot on top looked like a broncos game. I made sure to make an ass out of myself on the very first obstacle by getting high centered.

Wasn't that at the Walmart parking curb? :flipoff2:

VortecCJ
March 3rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hey, the curbs in New Mexico are way bigger than they are here!