PDA

View Full Version : New "rules page" for the classifieds sections

Eric
February 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
This is specifically for the For Sale sections. The posting rules, which have been listed at the top of the classifieds sections since August of 2004, continue to be ignored or overlooked. New ads are created many times a day which are in blatant violation of this small list of rules (failure to list a price and bumping ads are the most popular). The most common response to a deleted ad (or a suspension from posting in the classifieds altogether) has been "I didn't know those rules existed".

In an effort to address this rampant ignorance (or disregard) of said rules, I've implemented a new "rules agreement" page for the classifieds. From this day forward you must acknowledge and agree to abide by the posting rules by checking a checkbox on the page. If you don't check the box you can't post your ad. Hopefully this will ensure that every user who posts an ad is undeniably aware of this very small list of rules for posting in the CO4x4 classifieds section. "I didn't know" is no longer a valid excuse.

If you have any questions about this change, this is the place to ask.

mpmoe2002
February 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Kinda like in the movie Karate Kid II.....Rule #1 Karate for defense only. Rule #2 First learn Rule #1.

HaySeed77
February 27th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Now that is a good idea! :beer:

BradC
March 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Great idea!