PDA

View Full Version : Welding certification

XJeep2000
February 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this is the right place but what I am looking for is a good place in the metro area to get some welding training/certification. Canweld but I really want some good technical training.

Thanks
Ryan

POS owner
February 20th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Not to many places around here anymore for that, I would check into some of the local community colleges. As far as getting certified you just need a procter to watch you weld it and they'll send them off to get tested. Should cost you around $160-$200 per test. So practice first

Vinman
February 20th, 2006, 01:14 PM
IIRC emily griffith opportunity school in denver does it, its actually an entire class, but you cover arc, mig and tig welding.

ICE-FAB.COM
February 20th, 2006, 03:13 PM
you sit at home and drink beer weld until your eyes hurt then start over the next day.:beer:

bluezjeep
February 20th, 2006, 04:09 PM
IIRC emily griffith opportunity school in denver does it, its actually an entire class, but you cover arc, mig and tig welding.

I looked into this...is it a single class or a series of classes? If its one class, do you know the course #? I think most of us are looking for a home garage mechanic course. CCD has some courses but they are at their north campus not downtown.

XJeep2000
February 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Hey ICE,

Atleast I can drink beer...You drink like a freshman chick.

Oh yeah and I weld better! I could teach you lessons!!!

Ryan

Jason861
February 20th, 2006, 07:23 PM

I took all my welding classes there. You can get certified in arc and MIG only though. It was cheap, fun and had a flexible any day any time schedule you can pick from.

Vinman
February 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I took all my welding classes there. You can get certified in arc and MIG only though. It was cheap, fun and had a flexible any day any time schedule you can pick from.

i just talked to a buddy of mine and they do tig now, he is currently taking the class there

Vinman
February 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I looked into this...is it a single class or a series of classes? If its one class, do you know the course #? I think most of us are looking for a home garage mechanic course. CCD has some courses but they are at their north campus not downtown.

its a series of classes, can't remember how many hours, i have a buddy in the class, he said he just called down there when he registered, he personally doesn't know the class #