PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Bulletin board, front page, and photo gallery

Eric
January 27th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Everything is up to date and, hopefully, functioning just like it was before the update. I have a list of CO4x4 customizations and hopefully I haven't missed anything, but if you see something unusual let me know.

al24
January 27th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Is there a time out on inactivity?
There's been a lot of times, I'll run off to do something while I'm logged in. I'll come back a few (10 or 15 ) minutes later. The screen still shows me logged in but If I try and post I'll get the log in screen again.
No big thing just never happened before.

Big Dave
January 27th, 2006, 07:38 AM
The only difference I can see is that when you do the search for new posts the vBadvanced items that are typically on the left of the screen go away.

longboy
January 27th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ditto what Dave said. Not a big deal, but I was used to it on the left-

Eric
January 27th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Is there a time out on inactivity?

Not that I'm aware of. Might be a cookie issue?

The only difference I can see is that when you do the search for new posts the vBadvanced items that are typically on the left of the screen go away.

Fixed, missed that one. Let me know if you see any other pages that used to have the sidebar and don't now. :beer:

Big Dave
January 27th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Fixed, missed that one. Let me know if you see any other pages that used to have the sidebar and don't now. :beer:

Everything looks good with the sidebar after playing around on the site all day. One question though, HOW did you do the sidebar? I run vbb and vba over at MallCrawlin and really dig the way that works, I think it would be a great way to get some traffic in more areas of the site, but have no clue how to make that show up everywhere.

Eric
January 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM
One question though, HOW did you do the sidebar?

Instructions for integrating vB pages can be found in the vBadvanced user manual. Page 6 actually, here's a link but I don't know if it will work without being logged in to vbadvanced.com:

Integrating other vB pages (http://www.vbadvanced.com/membersarea.php?do=viewusermanual&productid=4&pageid=6)

Sidebar can be on the left or right, your choice. Let me know if you have any questions.