PDA

View Full Version : H2 Moab vid

Alec W
November 25th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I am guessing you guys still don't like H2s much but I thought you might like this vid I made cas it shows some moab trails.

Not dial up friendly (230 megs)

Link (www.sincityh2.com/zipped/MoabFall2005.zip)

Matt
November 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Nice video! Nice to have a little late night enterainment.

That scream on Golden Spike was priceless. I bet there's nothing quite like the feeling of rolling your 50k suv. :eek:

Whitey
November 26th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I am guessing you guys still don't like H2s much but I thought you might like this vid I made cas it shows some moab trails.Link (www.sincityh2.com/zipped/MoabFall2005.zip)
I would love to drive a hummer..............on the hiway to Moab, nice ride. :D

That is a great video, can't believe you guys took those trails and lines. Whoa!
I'd be worried about scratching a lug nut. J/K

Nice work. :)

JohnBoulderCO
November 26th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Very cool vid! Well done.:)

I really liked your vid of climbing out of Hell's Gate and sliding into the wall.
I made that little slide too! It's good to have body armor.:D

You guys made Potato Salad Hill look easy.

ArloGuthroJeep
November 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
mmmmm, downloading at 1.1MB/second:D

ArloGuthroJeep
November 26th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Awesome video, about 15:25 minutes in there the toe-in looked a bit sever on the silver H2...it bent a tie rod or just the angle?

Alec W
November 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Awesome video, about 15:25 minutes in there the toe-in looked a bit sever on the silver H2...it bent a tie rod or just the angle?
Funny you mention that since I was the guy in that H2 tie-rod snap clip that floated round the internet a couple of years ago :D

He didn't bend it doing that but did break one on Potato Salad the day before. Stock H2 tie-rods are too small (specially with 37s) so most of us have fabteck HD tie-rods and HD pitman/idler arms etc.

ArloGuthroJeep
November 26th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Was posted on my Jeep Forum today:D
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s8i6975

trailbuilt
November 26th, 2005, 06:07 PM
sweet vid..... H2's would prob get more respect if more people used them like you guys. I liked seeing then in action. I was down there the week before you guys and ran the same trails.

rubbersidedown
November 26th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Great vid!!! Thanks for sharing, it good to see a positive vid about H2's!!

...still wouldn't buy one though :flipoff2:

Mark
November 26th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Did anyone else catch LooterMan?

Awesome vid, as usual Alec - pisses me off that your rigs do all the stuff mine can do. And yours do it in comfort. :flipoff2:

al24
November 26th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Did anyone else catch LooterMan?
He does get around, doesn't he?

Alec W
November 26th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah he does. We were surprised to see him in Moab, also the liqore store next to the Gonzo had no Heineken :D

Colin
Nice vid. I agree with others, its nice to see some people actually use them. Wayy to many posers in H2's, except for Bam, he uses his :)

Mark

:laughing: Phew - that I was seeing stuff there..... Had to rewind a couple times and make sure it was actually there!

MtnRunner
November 26th, 2005, 11:01 PM
You should market that to the Hummer dealers to play in the showroom. Probably have to overdub some non-copyright music though. Nice vid.

ArloGuthroJeep
November 27th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Funny you mention that since I was the guy in that H2 tie-rod snap clip that floated round the internet a couple of years ago :D

TellyDSP (Craig) from JeepForum.com says:

Tell this guy I said hi...

-Ryan

Jocko
November 27th, 2005, 07:33 AM
LooterMan?

al24
November 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/al24/looter1.jpg
He's floating by in one of the watercrossings.

Jocko
November 27th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I was wondering what that was. I thought it might be an H2 thing, and I wouldn't understand.

XJ Dave
November 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Great video. Those H2s are more capable than I've given them credit for.
Dave S.

Big Dave
November 27th, 2005, 10:51 AM
LMAO, the H2 e-enragement is strong with you.

Rarrrhhhhhrrr11

LOL Alec.

kiffer, so somebody chooses to wheel a rig different than yours, wtf is the big deal?

thekiffer
November 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM
LOL Alec.

kiffer, so somebody chooses to wheel a rig different than yours, wtf is the big deal?

apparently you didn't read the post cause I don't have a Cherokee, Lexus, or Landcruiser.

And you guys are all right! It's there money.....

Steve
November 27th, 2005, 11:41 AM
For those of you that like to badmouth Hummers (or any other specific vehicle) please take it to another BBS, it's not welcome here. Alec didn't ask for your personal opinion of those vehicles, so keep it to yourself. More posts like the ones I deleted will also be deleted, so you're wasting your time if you continue the argument...

thekiffer
November 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry!!

Alec W
November 27th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Kiffer,

I drop in here once or twice a year and post video links because for the most part people seem to like them. These are not fancy "productions", it's just me a camcorder and couple 100 hours of video editing because I enjoy making the video memories for my friends and me. Like I said, I only post them because people like them, I'm not trying to make any type of H2 statement at all. Sorry if I wasted 20 minutes of your precious DSL bandwidth, however the post was clearly labeled and I included the file size in the post. Might I recommend you avoid clicking on the little link thingy next time?

We had about 12 H2s on this last trip from Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, British Columbia, Oregon, Mississippi and West Virginia and had a freaking blast (this is the 6th time we have got together over the last 3 years). I thought wheeling is supposed to be about having fun? When we come into town we act responsibly (well for the most part) spend cash with the locals, tread lightly, yada, yada. What's so wrong with that?

If you don't like the thought of all these folks with 50+K H2s, kids in the back watching Barney DVDs while their parents play around on Golden Spike etc. so be it! We don't care!!!

You sitting on your chair in front of your computer getting e-enraged about H2s brings the funnay if you ask me. Talk about rent free.

I'll take off now so you can enjoy your brand bashing in peace, I can't be bothered to get into it.

Alec

Big Dave
November 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Well said Alec.

jnschwie
November 27th, 2005, 12:25 PM
You sitting on your chair in front of your computer getting e-enraged about H2s brings the funnay if you ask me. Talk about rent free.

Wrong forum for those two terms. :laughing:

But I was wondering when I'd see you here. I do enjoy your vids, I get a kick out of the aftermath, and I really like what your boyz have done...

.... over there ---------> ;) (at OTN).

:beer:

Alec W
November 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM

LOL, I was going to goatse him :flipoff2:

jnschwie
November 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM

:D :D :D

And you still owe me a wheeling trip together. Someday, when I get my crappile back in order. :flipoff2:

(Actually, I just want to replace my top, get my spare remounted, and the hardline on my ebrake fixed)

Mark
November 27th, 2005, 01:52 PM
:D :D :D

And you still owe me a wheeling trip together. Someday, when I get my crappile back in order. :flipoff2:

(Actually, I just want to replace my top, get my spare remounted, and the hardline on my ebrake fixed)

That's some hardcore tech right there Josh - you might search around on Pirate and see what you can find to help you out. Those zippers can be a real b!tch on those tops. :flipoff2:

DRTY
November 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM

But I was wondering when I'd see you here. I do enjoy your vids, I get a kick out of the aftermath, and I really like what your boyz have done...

.... over there ---------> ;) (at OTN).

I heart the OTN... I mean my AEs hearts the OTN.:flipoff2::beer:

DRTY
November 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM

I was going to lemon party him, but I don't have any alternate AEs set up yet.:D
(I wish there was a :jump: gif here.)http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/2751095741/inlineimg/Y/jump.gif

jnschwie
November 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM
That's some hardcore tech right there Josh - you might search around on Pirate and see what you can find to help you out. Those zippers can be a real b!tch on those tops. :flipoff2:

Procuring the top is actually harder than putting it together. :flipoff2:

That and talking myself into spending money for a top on a vehicle that has seen <1000 miles in the past 12 months: 99% of which was ONE trip to Moab. :untrue:

That said....do ya dare me to get the Pirate's undies in a bunch with a question like that? http://overtorqued.net/forum/images/smilies/brows.gif Those guys are always a hoot. :D

jnschwie
November 27th, 2005, 05:52 PM
I heart the OTN... I mean my AEs hearts the OTN.:flipoff2::beer:

I enjoy watching everyone's IPs bounce around like popcorn over there. :flipoff2: ;)

MountainJeep
November 27th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Alec, as usual great fun watchin you and your pals wheel.

Those who are truley into 4wheelin don't give a crap whats under the driver as long as the driver is having fun and pushing the limits of the rig and his/her skills.

keep up the good work

DKSauron
November 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
That's a great vid! I'm sure that took some time to put that together. I have to agree- I haven't given the H2's a lot of credit, but that shows that they can make much more difficult trails that I thought the could. While they're still too big for me, as long as you're wheeling, who cares? I'm just glad to see people who drop the cash on them actually using them for their purpose! Even better that you drove the rigs there, wheeled & drove them back. Major props! :thumbsup:

Alpine Spirit
November 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Is there a smaller version anywhere??? 230 Megs OUCH!!!!

TerryHowe
November 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Nice video!

Waifer2112
November 29th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Very well-done vid! I did notice a lot of bouncing by those H2's. Is that due to the IFS? If so, I'd feel a bit queezy about some of those cracks and bumps. I've never been wheeling in an IFS vehicle. I just wouldn't like the feeling of "falling" until one of my tires hit ground.

Alec W
November 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Very well-done vid! I did notice a lot of bouncing by those H2's. Is that due to the IFS? If so, I'd feel a bit queezy about some of those cracks and bumps. I've never been wheeling in an IFS vehicle. I just wouldn't like the feeling of "falling" until one of my tires hit ground.
I think it's all about the tie-rods ;);)

Thanks for the nice comments people :)

DRTY
November 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
That said....do ya dare me to get the Pirate's undies in a bunch with a question like that? http://overtorqued.net/forum/images/smilies/brows.gif Those guys are always a hoot. :D

I double dog dare you to call MattS a fag or something.:P :D

Mark
November 29th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I double dog dare you to call MattS a fag or something.:P :D

I TRIPLE DAWG DARE YOU!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/tongue_stuck_on_pole-thumb.jpg

Alec W
November 29th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I TRIPLE DAWG DARE YOU!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/tongue_stuck_on_pole-thumb.jpg
Quad dare you :D:D

jnschwie
November 29th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Hold the hell on. I need to see if my "shared" AE is still active. ;)

Alec W
November 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Hold the hell on. I need to see if my "shared" AE is still active. ;)
LMAO, last time I posted on pirate I was way drunk and posted my Thursday night call number, no one called tho :confused:

jnschwie
November 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
LMAO, last time I posted on pirate I was way drunk and posted my Thursday night call number, no one called tho :confused:

Not to worry, they got your number ----> over there. ;)

Alec W
November 30th, 2005, 12:02 AM
LMAO, I tossed it in a dumpster for storydude ;)

Bryan
November 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the video Alec! It just reminds me of how BAD I need to get out the Moab to check things out. BTW, sweet H2s too. You guys wheeled with any H3s yet? Just curious.

74BuckinBronc
November 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Great video, the amount time put into editing is obvious. I know it's hard to do, but you get a better feel for how steep or how hard obstacles are when you see the whole vehicle and watch the suspenion cycle. I know you'd sorta have to have dedicated camera man who isn't driving, but some food for thought.

J.D.

Waifer2112
November 30th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I think it's all about the tie-rods ;);)

Thanks for the nice comments people :)

Sorry if my post sounded like a slam against H2's, as I certainly didn't mean to. It really was a serious question. :shrug:

I have a solid axle front end, and when the sway bar is disconnected, the front end stays on the ground pretty well. So I was just wondering if, like in the video at "a" or "the" crack, when an H2 is going over said crack, and the H2 has a front wheel off the ground, it kind of "falls" back on the tire off the ground. I noticed the lady who was driving had a very scared look on her face.:)

MrK5-Scott
November 30th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I'd never seen a video shot from the dash like that, and I really liked it. I'm going to have to try it.

I thought the footage from Golden Crack was pretty funny. I think there was some seat covers being munched there.

Nice vid!:thumbsup:

Anthrax
November 30th, 2005, 06:02 PM
G-R-E-A-T VIDEO .... The editing was great and imaginative. I only have one request for our dial-up friends. Make a mini-clip of "the crack scream." That will put a smile on all the childrens' faces.... Great Work!

Alec W
November 30th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I'd never seen a video shot from the dash like that, and I really liked it. I'm going to have to try it.

The trick is a solid mount. The dash mount ones suck for wheeling. I tried a few ideas and eventually found a $65 mount that really works.
This link to a topic on the H2 forum with pics and the on-line link
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5106011751/m/6301032041/r/7551042041

Alec W
November 30th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Make a mini-clip of "the crack scream." That will put a smile on all the childrens' faces....
And Lyn would kick my ass next time she sees me for posting a short vid of her face on the interweb. :eek:

TruckinT
November 30th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Great video!!! Good work on the editing too! I still can't get over how little justice is done in video to show the true difficulty of Moab. Potato Salad in this video looked like a children's sand box, not the famous Jeep eater that it is. I also liked to see the H2's goin through the Golden Crack, looked like a fun teeter-totter!

Matt
December 1st, 2005, 02:39 AM
Great video!!! Good work on the editing too! I still can't get over how little justice is done in video to show the true difficulty of Moab. Potato Salad in this video looked like a children's sand box, not the famous Jeep eater that it is. I also liked to see the H2's goin through the Golden Crack, looked like a fun teeter-totter!

X2 on Potato Salad, I've seen few that have made it look that easy.

TJBlues
December 2nd, 2005, 10:06 AM
It's great to see the Hummers in Moab, doing things most of us wouldn't imagine they could do. I am guilty of being a basher of Hummers, but I think that this video is good for Jeepers to see. I personally never get a chance to see H2's in action. An by action I mean more than taking the by-pass line on a difficult trail.

I also agree that it is obvious the video was produced very well. But, I agree that there should be more shots of the Hummer from outside. Being the curious Jeeper that I am, I would like to see the H2 climb the obstacle rather than enjoy the beautiful scenery of Moab pass me by from the cockpit of the luxury cruiser. Part of the reason we Jeepers have a few things to say about the H2 is that we rarely see them in action successfully. This video would have been a good way to show us how your suspension and other aspects of your ride handle the Moab terrain. I was glad when the H2 with camera mounted inside the cabin got behind some other H2's and filmed them going over obstacles. That was more interesting than just rock and sky. Seeing how you got out of some of the more difficult obstacles would have been great too. We all like to see a little bit of carnage on tape. It makes us feel better when we stripe our own vehicles.

Thanks for showing us what a good time you had out there. I am sure that everyone involved loved your video. Maybe next time one of them can volunteer to stand outside and film you going over the obstacle.

In all jest, good video, just my two turds...

JeepDiva
December 2nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Nice job on the video. Awesome to see a bunch of people that aren't afraid to use their H2s! I liked the stuff shot from inside the cab. Now if you could just show that on the IMAX screen. :-)

Alec W
December 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
I agree that there should be more shots of the Hummer from outside. Being the curious Jeeper that I am, I would like to see the H2 climb the obstacle rather than enjoy ...
Can't so that. Last time I tried a million people flamed me for the broken tie-rod :flipoff2:

Rex Ashton
December 4th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Finally waited for the download....Great video....:beer: :beer:

al24
December 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Can't so that. Last time I tried a million people flamed me for the broken tie-rod :flipoff2:
Now even you have to admit that vid was amusing.
At least you're not the Hummer on the rti ramp.
That was hilarious.

mtn WJ
December 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Nice Video Alec. Last time I say you on the trail was on Twin Cone with Adam. Anyway nice showing of H2s in Moab. I x3 or 4 on the Potato Salad Hill Climb. Was it really that easy for you guys?

Take Care

Alec W
December 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Nice Video Alec. Last time I say you on the trail was on Twin Cone with Adam. Anyway nice showing of H2s in Moab. I x3 or 4 on the Potato Salad Hill Climb. Was it really that easy for you guys?

Take Care
4 of us walked right up first try. One guy gave up becasue he would not hit it hard enough and another guy bent a tie-rod at the top (shussssss I never said that :D)

Long wheelbase trucks really work well in Moab I guess.

TJeeperMan
December 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM
great video! My respect for the hummer went from 3 to a 5 ;) Post more videos like this and I might even start to like them!

Although I really like my TJ......

Looked like the wheel lockout system got a little better too. Last time I was in Moab I seen an H1 trying tip over challenge and getting his *** handed to him. Didn't look like his auto locking system work all that great.

pinoyjeeper
December 7th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Wow that took forever to download. Even w/ a 100Mb connection. Impressive i must say. I personally would be hesistant take my 50K vehicle on the same trails i take my Jeep on. Uncle of mine has an H1 and he wants to take to me on a trail somewhere down South. I'm very tempted to take him on his offer. Maybe a Jeep Vs. Hummer type challenge.

1BADCJ8
December 8th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Tried to down load it and it says it has an invalid file name... Is it still there?

Alec W
December 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Maybe a Jeep Vs. Hummer type challenge.Why challenge? just go have fun with your uncle

MyCJ4Rox
December 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Fantastic work on the video. A friend of mine in WA just bought a 05 H2 and I sent him the link...now he's hellbent on joining us for Easter Jeep Safari...Gulp...look what you started.

Alec W
December 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Fantastic work on the video. A friend of mine in WA just bought a 05 H2 and I sent him the link...now he's hellbent on joining us for Easter Jeep Safari...Gulp...look what you started.
We go the week after EJS. Moab is empty and all the hard parts of the trails already have the rocks stacked from the Jeepers :D;)

Scott39
December 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Cool Video.:thumbsup:
49" iroks, 4 link suspension!:eek:
http://tinypic.com/iw7yqh.jpg
http://tinypic.com/iw7yb9.jpg
http://tinypic.com/iw7yfl.jpg
http://tinypic.com/iw7ygl.jpg

Joe Dillard
January 1st, 2006, 01:41 AM
Nice work on the video, I enjoyed it and the music! One of my coworkers is considering buying a Hummer & I'll show this to him.

rmedic
January 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM
Alec, as usual great fun watchin you and your pals wheel.

Those who are truley into 4wheelin don't give a crap whats under the driver as long as the driver is having fun and pushing the limits of the rig and his/her skills.

keep up the good work

That's the best comment I've seen on this board.. Terrific!

Brian

1BADCJ8
January 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I dont know who shot your vid but this was worth every second of download time. Anyone that can gripe about the down load time after watching this is a turbo dork :flipoff2:.

I think this is some of, if not the best footage I've seen from Moab and really depicts these trails nicely... Any chance you have an extended DVD of it?

Oh yeah... The H-2's are cool as well....lol.:rolleyes: :P :D . They seem top be very capible and its quite nice to see them wheeled like this. Thanks again... absolutly great video.

rocktoy
March 20th, 2006, 08:45 PM
i want see.... does any have another link to it

coloradocj-7
March 20th, 2006, 10:22 PM
the link doesnt work

ArloGuthroJeep
March 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Tuff luck, thats what you get for being 3 months late:D