PDA

View Full Version : Forum software will be updated this weekend.

Eric
November 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Expect some forum downtime this weekend (perhaps even as early as tomorrow) for some long overdue software updates. If you have anything of importance stored in your PM's, I would suggest taking a moment to download your messages. You can find the link to do so (in various formats) at the bottom of your PM page(s). Hopefully everything goes smoothly, but better safe than sorry.

Software to be updated: Forums Front page "portal" Photo Gallery

ER

Camp
November 3rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Just don't do it during my satellite pass, I only have 12 hours of surfing a day :flipoff2:

Big Dave
November 3rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Eric, did you see that 3.5.1 just came out?

CannonBall
November 3rd, 2005, 02:39 PM
Just don't do it during my satellite pass, I only have 12 hours of surfing a day :flipoff2:

yeah, what he said!
-Nate

Eric
November 3rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Eric, did you see that 3.5.1 just came out?
Yup, just noticed that it came out on Tuesday. I didn't trust 3.5.0 and wanted to wait for 3.5.1.

Thanks for the schedule reminder from the South Pole crew, I'll consider Camp's online status as my "green light" for the upgrade :flipoff2: :beer:

More than likely it will be sometime Saturday or Sunday, I wouldn't dare risk affecting the weekly "VIP Friday" event ;)

al24
November 3rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
More than likely it will be sometime Saturday or Sunday, I wouldn't dare risk affecting the weekly "VIP Friday" event ;)
Thank you. :hail:

Big Dave
November 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Yup, just noticed that it came out on Tuesday. I didn't trust 3.5.0 and wanted to wait for 3.5.1.

We grabbed 3.5 the day it went stable and haven't had any issues. Now I just need to find time to go to 3.5.1. Hopefully it goes smoothly for ya this weekend!

Tiffany
November 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
Eric if you have any problems or questions during the upgrade don't hesistate to e-mail me (or Dave I am sure).

We have been back and forth figuring things out and I think we have a pretty good grasp on the gotchas.

If you are still going with vBadvanced for a portal there are some tweaks you need, if you want I can compile and send you the links to the threads for them.

Eric
November 3rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
if you want I can compile and send you the links to the threads for them.

Yes please! Thanks!

jeepinaround
November 4th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Same here I upgrade to 3.5.0 as soon as it was available and have had no problems. Good luck Eric!