PDA

View Full Version : Parts Mike crossover steering set-up

Cliffy472
April 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
I did a LOT of searching around and found that, INCLUDING SHIPPING, it was cheaper for me to get a GM steering knuckle Milled, Drilled, and Tapped from Parts Mike, than any other shop; EVEN LOCAL (I was very surprised)

I had delt with Parts Mike before so I was not concerned with shipping my hard earned (sourced) steering knuckle to him, I knew it would come back.

The nice thing about dealing with Parts Mike was that he offered all the pieces my knuckle needed (Ball Joints, spindle studs, Milling, Drilling, tapping, stud kit & steering arm) one-stop-shopping; so that I would get back a flat top steering knuckle READY TO INSTALL, and he offered them as cheap, or cheaper, than anyone else I could find. PLUS HE INSTALLED MY BALL JOINTS FOR FREE!!

When I recieved the knuckle back I was very impressed. It far exceeded my expectations. The mill job was as good as I'd ever seen, the studs appeared to be top quality, and the steering arm is the best looking piece of steel on my rig! Milled from solid stock. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done, and the money saved is well worth it!

If you plan to upgrade to crossover or hysteer in the future, definitely give Parts Mike a call.

He can be found at www.partsmike.com

The only thing negative I have to say about this experience is that they somewhat misled me about the turnaround time for the Knuckle. But this is not typical for them, as I have delt with them before, and they do business in a timely manner.

I installed this set-up on my 1978 ScoutII, with 3/4ton Chevy D44 front axle, sprung over, with stock scout springs. The clearance is perfect, but my drag link does have to come back to the knuckle a bit since the stock scout steering box pivots at the front and not the back like a standard GM 2wd box. This doesn't have any noticable negative affect on my steering.

Robeod
January 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
I went through Parts Mike for Hysteer on a 44. I was very pleased with the final product. Parts Mike is one of the most knowledgable individuals I've spoke to concerning general automotive info. Highy recomended!

Rob