PDA

View Full Version : Advance Adapter's SYE Kit

lowbflat
April 15th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I installed this kit when I put a 4" lift on my TJ. Then about 2 months later I helped with one purchased at Tom Woods. The AA kit was by far superior. It had all new hardware and excellent step by step instuctions. The 3 circlips were the toughest part of the whole install as my pliers were a little small. We ended up with small screwdrivers prying them off... it was a mess. But - the AA kit had new clips included in the package so the old bent ones just went in the trash. Tom Wood's kit made us use the old circlips and even with better circlip pliers they were distorted.

We did both kits on the bench and I would recommend it as way easier than up in place. There is only one bolt on top that is a hummer to get at, the rest of the removal is easy.

I'd buy Advance Adapter's stuff anytime after my experience with their SYE kit.
MM

BradC
April 21st, 2005, 03:21 AM
I've done 3 of them and 2nd that. AA has great sye's. Also, it is easier to do it on a bench, but after you do one it's faster to just do it under the Jeep in my opinion.

XjeepX
April 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
my question is do any of you know anything about this new TeraFlex SYE that came out. http://www.teraflx.com/pages/jeepbuilder.php?jeepID=32&prodID=93&subID=6
I says that it is almost 3" shorter then most others. I was planning on the AA piece, but then this came out and i am just wanting to know if anyone has put one in yet, and if so what do they think.