PDA

View Full Version : Poll: For Sale - 4x4 policy changes

Eric
December 1st, 2003, 03:01 AM
OK, the 2 week trial period is up and it's time to take a vote. As mentioned in the lengthy discussion (http://www.colorado4x4.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000038) on this topic, this is not the final decision process however the poll results WILL be considered in the decision. So, after 2 weeks of no-replies in the For Sale-4x4 section let us know what you think of the change. The poll is open until noon on Wednesday.

longboy
December 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM
personally, i think it really cleaned up the FS section. it's nice to see that a FS thread isn't on page 2 in 3 hours. also, i like that people put MUCH more thought into their FS threads than they used to.

i'm happy with the changes.

Blake Shepherd
December 1st, 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by longboy:
personally, i think it really cleaned up the FS section. it's nice to see that a FS thread isn't on page 2 in 3 hours. also, i like that people put MUCH more thought into their FS threads than they used to.

i'm happy with the changes. Very good point. I would like the ability to reply to threads.

I wonder...Is it possible to allow a specific number of replies? If so, could we set the reply limit to 3 or 4 or so? Is it possible to allow the author to selectively delete posts? This will allow for a limited number of posts AND will keep down on the SPAM.

MountainJeep
December 1st, 2003, 04:13 PM
Holy shit...right down the middle!

I love this board! graemlins/beer.gif

Ryan Travis Robinson
December 1st, 2003, 04:26 PM
yep i love it tooo

Gunter
December 2nd, 2003, 12:23 AM
it looks like we are taking the clinton approach----commit to nothing,and hold the middle ground.LOL

Grandpa Jeep
December 2nd, 2003, 05:44 AM
I do like the fact that you can't BTT an Ad. Makes it much easier to find something again, but I still wish you could reply. My preference would be to turn on the replies, but order them by original post date.

supernatural
December 3rd, 2003, 04:35 AM
I like the changes as it is easy to notice new for sale threads and not have to waste time looking for the one that you saw earlier. Also, sending pm's is good cause you know if someone is really keeping track of the stuff that they are wanting to sell. It keeps the BS WAY down.

cagedxj
December 3rd, 2003, 05:51 AM
I dont like it at all. The traffic is way down.

Eric
December 3rd, 2003, 06:36 AM
Actually Cagedxj the traffic is about the same, it just looks like it's down because all of the bs posts are gone and the bumps have slowed down. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

So the trial is over and the votes are in. Only 102 votes so that alone tells me this isn't much of an issue. Of those that voted it's split right down the middle with 44 in favor and 43 against. The changes will stand and I'll apply this to the "other" For Sale section as well. Those who still have lingering concerns over the change please take a moment and read the lengthy discussion from the past two weeks. Many concerns were presented and solutions to most, if not all, were addressed. A hearty "thank you" to all who contributed constructive criticism and also to those who expressed support for the change.

graemlins/beer.gif

Stay tuned, more changes are coming which will help reorganize the classifieds section as well as some other areas of the site.

ER

[ December 03, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Camp ]

cagedxj
December 3rd, 2003, 10:54 AM
Thats cool, and you are the man! Thanks for a place to post items. I still like it just not as well as before. I know something had to be done to weed out the crap. graemlins/beer.gif

Pawk
December 13th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I personally don't like it one bit.

JU and VWvortex have over 20k members a piece and the forsale sections work great.

Atleast make it as Grandpa Jeep suggests....

Gray Ghost
December 23rd, 2003, 03:58 AM
I AGREE. YA KNOW I GET ON THIS SITE BECUASE IT'S EASY AND EASY TO READ. ONLY NOW THAT IT HAS LOST THE CONVINIENCE OF USING DO I HAVE TO RESEARCH TO WHERE THE VOTING HAS TAKEN PLACE. MAYBE IT WAS ME NOT PAYING ATTENTION BUT IF IT'S NOT ON THE FOR SALE 4X4 OR OTHERS I DON'T SEE IT. HAD I SEEN IT I WOULD HAVE VOTED TO BE ABLE TO POST. IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO RUN ANOTHER POLL BUT PLACE THE VOTING ON THE FOR SALE SECTIONS WHERE OTHERS CAN VOTE RIGHT THERE. JUST OVER 100 VOTES IS VERY LOW. I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT ARE ON HERE AND THEY DON'T LIKE IT. MAYBE THEY DIDN'T SEE WHERE TO VOTE EITHER? I WILL STILL USE THIS SITE OF COURSE CAUSE I DO LOVE IT BUT THAT IS THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE.
THANK YOU.

Eric
December 23rd, 2003, 05:14 AM
There was a notice listed in the For Sale section for two weeks before the poll opened and remained there until the poll was closed. We will not be reopening the poll.

ps.
Please stop shouting.

Gray Ghost
December 23rd, 2003, 06:14 AM
SORRY NOT SHOUTING. EVERYTHING DONE AT WORK HERE is in caps. so i always forget to change it over. ok though I would try. like I said I may have missed it. i guess I did. Have a good day.
p.s. for those who are rude about me posting this, hope ya don't brake on the trail. no one likes and ass.

Eric
December 23rd, 2003, 06:33 AM
I hope I didn't come across as rude, that wasn't my intent. Just being brief because I'm a bit rushed today trying to get out of here for the holidays :D

Gray Ghost
December 23rd, 2003, 08:35 AM
NO (sorry) not you, just another guy on the for sale board. just some people can get real short somtimes. On this subject I missed my chance to vote, my fault. so no it wasn't you but thank you for the write back that was cool.

thrasher
January 18th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Is there any way to just put certain replys down
so there is no bull clutering up the place just so a person would know if there prices were to high or if you wanted something you had 1st dibs