PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis 2015

ZJROCKRIG
July 11th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Any other brothers headed up this year? This will be my first time to Sturgis. We will be on be road for 10 days hitting Jackson Hole and Yellowstone on the way up.

There will be 6 couples in our group and were renting a house. I will have my 24' enclosed with me with only 2 bikes and coming back through Denver around the 10th if anyone has issues and needs something I will gladly PM my number to you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ZappBranigan
July 13th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Supposed to be crazy this year. Some are saying as many as a million people, although I'll be surprised if it's that big.

We drove through Sturgis a month ago, still the sleepy little town it is 50 weeks out of the year.

I noticed that there were campgrounds that looked like they were there to serve the Sturgis crowds as far away as Newell (30 miles N. of Sturgis.) I guess those campgrounds are for the latecomers who don't have reservations.

JeepWheelin02
July 13th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I went there last year. Stayed at a bed and breakfast in Wyoming. It was a lot nicer to stay a little farther away and only deal with the crowds when we went into Sturgis for a day. Spent the rest of our time up there riding and seeing the sites.

zillacon
July 27th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Headed up tomorrow. Couple of Big Azz Hail storms already up there. Then up to the International Peace Gardens on the boarder then back to Sturgis next week again. I will sadly be taking my toyhauler this year as my nephew is getting married and my Parents both past away so I need to take care of some of the estate. We will be staying at Bulldog Creek. Called yesterday and got spots for $20 a night for RV/no hook-ups. But they haul water and do sewer dumps. A lot cheaper than the $1200-$1800 most RV campgrounds are charging.

ZJROCKRIG
July 27th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your folks..

Be safe and looking forward to a good time. Been looking at some of the venues and there are still plenty of tickets and room available at most.

That hail needs to stay f'n away. I have a new truck, new trailer and new bikes..