PDA

View Full Version : War...war never changes...

crashXJ
June 3rd, 2015, 09:21 AM
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

mortimersnerd
June 3rd, 2015, 08:59 PM
Cannot wait. Put lots of hours into fallout 3.

Wulf
June 7th, 2015, 11:17 PM
:pbj:

Wulf
June 7th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Cannot wait. Put lots of hours into fallout 3.

me too. never got into new vegas though

crashXJ
June 8th, 2015, 09:25 AM
me too. never got into new vegas though

Why not? It was huge and just as much fun!

MrMischief
June 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I had the same issue, just couldn't get into New Vegas. Not sure what it was but I didn't enjoy it as much as Fallout 3

mortimersnerd
June 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Played and liked both. Logged at least 120 hours between the two. Much cheaper on a per hour basis than hookers and blow.

crashXJ
November 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
T minus 7 days...anyone else pre-order?

mortimersnerd
November 3rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
No, but I will be.

Wulf
November 5th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Why not? It was huge and just as much fun!

Not sure, just never really got pulled in I guess. Same deal with Skryim. I played tons of Oblivion but logged maybe 10 hours in Skyrim :shrug:

crashXJ
November 9th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Not sure, just never really got pulled in I guess. Same deal with Skryim. I played tons of Oblivion but logged maybe 10 hours in Skyrim :shrug:

Yeah I get it...Skyrim did the same thing to me. Probably overkilled Oblivion to the point that Skyrim was just "yeah...its good...graphics are great...say...whats going on outside?"

mortimersnerd
November 9th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Bought a new graphics card and fallout 4 today. Looking forward to it unlocking.

Wulf
November 9th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Yeah I get it...Skyrim did the same thing to me. Probably overkilled Oblivion to the point that Skyrim was just "yeah...its good...graphics are great...say...whats going on outside?"

Probably. I also didn't buy into the dragon hype too much, which probably had something to do with it since most of the game's lore seems to involve dragons lol

Bought a new graphics card and fallout 4 today. Looking forward to it unlocking.

probably gonna wait a while on Fallout 4. I'm still getting my money's worth out of BF4 and CSGO lol

mortimersnerd
November 10th, 2015, 12:03 AM
I hear ya. Turns out BF4 is really pretty on ultra settings.

crashXJ
November 10th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I heard some folks are having frame rate issues on ultra high refresh settings. I picked up FO4 for Xbox One today and it looks solid to me. Saw some more comments about textures looking flat and such and I have no idea what they are griping about. The graphics are fine at least to me and the audio is top notch. If you are lucky enough to have a nice sound system you will not be disappointed.

I didn't get very far into it but so far I like what I see.

crashXJ
November 10th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I hear ya. Turns out BF4 is really pretty on ultra settings.

So is Crysis. Picked it up stupid cheap on Steam and it still looks fantastic despite its age.

mortimersnerd
November 10th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Hmmm, might have to dust off my copy.

Digger
November 11th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I'm jonesing baaaaad. :D I don't know how many hours I have logged between FO3 and NV... Not sure I want to know.

I'm pretty sure FO4 is divorce-in-a-box though.

mortimersnerd
November 11th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I've played a few hours. It's pretty sweet so far. Might be worth the divorce. Every bit as good as its predecessors.

Wulf
November 11th, 2015, 10:45 PM
So is Crysis. Picked it up stupid cheap on Steam and it still looks fantastic despite its age.

https://i.imgur.com/aBjw0c1.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3sfnx4/the_difference_8_years_can_make/

crashXJ
November 12th, 2015, 12:04 PM
HA! Too funny that the thread was started a day ago.

crashXJ
November 13th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Couple of hints for those playing or getting ready to play...

Activate a workbench and then walk away and look at the garbage, items and structures in the area. This is how scrap stuff.

TV dinner trays are good sources of aluminum.
Hot plates are good sources of circuits.
Phones are good for gears...(I think)

And you can build your own house! Hell you can build a whole subdivision if you want!

Wulf
November 15th, 2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg9r7lvc4fs

Sound_Man
November 18th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I have really been enjoying this game.

crashXJ
November 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I have really been enjoying this game.

Me too. Ghouls are vicious in this one!

Sound_Man
November 28th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Still having a blast with this.

mortimersnerd
November 28th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Yup. Loads of random stuff to explore and do.

crashXJ
December 1st, 2015, 04:17 PM
They kinda turned it more shooter than RPG though...not able to be a complete bastard in this one and the dialog choices make little difference. Still a blast to explore the wasteland...lots of fun!

crashXJ
June 7th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Well I thought it was fun at first...but sometime around mid Jan I stopped playing and haven't picked it up much since. Not nearly as good as FO3 or FO:NV.

They kinda turned it more shooter than RPG though...not able to be a complete bastard in this one and the dialog choices make little difference. Still a blast to explore the wasteland...lots of fun!

1BADKJ
June 7th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Well I thought it was fun at first...but sometime around mid Jan I stopped playing and haven't picked it up much since. Not nearly as good as FO3 or FO:NV.

Yeah I couldn't get into it,they made it to complicated.Should have left it simple like FO3.

Oh well back to Destiny(2400 hours of play time and counting).

Wulf
June 8th, 2016, 11:27 AM
I'll probably pick this up during the next Steam sale. I figured I would have more free time this past month (Ha!) but I haven't