PDA

View Full Version : Any kayakers here?

mdurbahn
June 9th, 2014, 01:03 PM
My wife and I are just starting to get back into river kayaking, was wondering if any guys on the board go? Would like to go with some experienced people to get back into shape..

mortimersnerd
June 9th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Im thinking about it as well. Still have my boat, but have been out of it for about 5 seasons after shoulder surgery. I'm game if you want to run something easy like filter plant. Colorado white water runs are a great way to get out with good boaters.

dptdawg
June 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I'd like to get into calm water kayaking. I've done it only once several years ago in Hawaii and really enjoyed it. Are their many places along the front range to go? How much should I budget for a basic starter setup?

mortimersnerd
June 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Are you thinking lakes or flat rivers?

dptdawg
June 10th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Just calm water. I'm not up for any kind of whitewater. Just looking to see some new stuff and get some exercise. Probably mostly lakes so I don't have to worry about catching a ride back to my car when I'm done.

mdurbahn
June 11th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Im thinking about it as well. Still have my boat, but have been out of it for about 5 seasons after shoulder surgery. I'm game if you want to run something easy like filter plant. Colorado white water runs are a great way to get out with good boaters.

Cool, There is a colorado white water run at Pourde on the 27th-28th I am probably going on. I haven't been on any rivers since I moved to colorado 9 years ago so I will be pretty rusty and need to do some easy stuff too!

mdurbahn
June 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Just calm water. I'm not up for any kind of whitewater. Just looking to see some new stuff and get some exercise. Probably mostly lakes so I don't have to worry about catching a ride back to my car when I'm done.

Kayak's and gear are super cheap second hand, you can get complete packages for 300-500$ pretty easily.

SuicideTireZJ
July 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM
I know I took a run through the Mish with GP33 from this board a few years back, but I'm not really a capable class IV boater, though I'll run easier stuff on occasion. I recently bought a couple SUP boards and that's my flatwater game now.