PDA

View Full Version : best out of the box crawler and basher truck?

Big Dave
April 21st, 2014, 02:05 PM
Separate vehicles, don't need it all in one. Already have an OLD Traxxas Rustler, but I think it'd be easier to start fresh on that one, so I was looking at the new ones, seems I can get a new RTR Rustler for around $215 with radio and everything. For a crawler I already have an SCX-10, but it doesn't quite crawl like I want it to. Thinking about either modding that one out, but not sure what more I could really do to it since it's more of a scaler, or just get a Wraith, assuming they crawl well. Thoughts?

newracer
April 21st, 2014, 03:14 PM
Throw a brushless system in your Rustler and modify your SVC-10 to crawl better.

Big Dave
April 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM
I just don't think my existing Rustler is worth even trying to fix. It's one of the few things I've owned longer than my ZJ, and has been beat on even harder than my ZJ. It has a 15 yr old Novak Rooster ESC duct taped to the chassis, and I haven't run it since I snapped one of the rear A-arms and part of the rear frame assembly. I think it'd just be easier to start over there.

I also want some duplicity, part of this is so that Pam has something to do too when we're camping and I'm screwing around with the R/C stuff.

1BGDOG
April 22nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
Wraith's are great but a RTR will still cost easily an additional $500 to get it where it needs to be. Knuckles chubs suck to start with. The bolts walk out. Lots need to be done to make it work...

colombiapunk
April 28th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I still run my Losi PRO SE with XX and XXX parts as well as my RC10 with B2/B3/B4 parts...

Run the old rustler, put a brushless in it, the new technology is tones of fun but the old chassis aren't bad... not much has improved there.