PDA

View Full Version : Scratched Aventado

Oscar
April 1st, 2014, 08:03 PM
I think it will buff out.

http://www.island985.com/onair/phat-joe-2611/video-that-moment-when-a-lamborghini-12211966

mckinney
April 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
That sucks LOL

rubbersidedown
April 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Dumb ass!

Bauer
April 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
LMAO! Did anyone else notice that lambo guy had his hat on backwards, and his collar "popped". HahahahhaaA! If he wasn't so busy looking around to see if people were paying attention to him, he prolly wouldn't have crashed. :laughing:

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 08:50 AM
LMAO! Did anyone else notice that lambo guy had his hat on backwards, and his collar "popped". HahahahhaaA! If he wasn't so busy looking around to see if people were paying attention to him, he prolly wouldn't have crashed. :laughing:

Same thought. Saw the passenger was a very blond with tight pants and the dude was dressed to impress with fashionably torn jeans and backward hat. Yep, it is as I expected. It is hard to be open minded when your pre-conceived notions are consistently proven true.

Bill
April 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
People are ragging on the driver but, when I look at the video, I see a minivan pull out of a side street right in front of him. How is it his fault?

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Driving way too fast for the street? Dunno what the speed limit is, but he still looks like he is really flying along.

Steve
April 2nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
People are ragging on the driver but, when I look at the video, I see a minivan pull out of a side street right in front of him. How is it his fault?

Yup, that's what I saw as well. But since he had his hat on backwards and was driving a Lambo it's apparently his fault regardless of the facts of what happened.

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Yup, that's what I saw as well. But since he had his hat on backwards and was driving a Lambo it's apparently his fault regardless of the facts of what happened.

He dresses the same as Steve. There ya go.

:flipoff2:

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 11:03 AM

oh, and I only read that rubbersidedown placed blame on the guy. I was struck by the stereotypical driver of the car.

Waifer2112
April 2nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
Driving way too fast for the street? Dunno what the speed limit is, but he still looks like he is really flying along.

I agree. How much space should that thing need be able to stop when going the speed limit in a city? Like ten feet?

Looks to me like both are at fault, but that's just from the video.

GM4X4LOVER
April 2nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
I don't see it as the lambo was at fault. The car thing def failed to give the lambo the right of way.

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Watched it a few more times. I guess I could go either way on the speed of the lambo. Just don't see enough of it prior to impact to judge very well. Maybe he was exceeding the limit, maybe not. Probably texting.

In rewatching, I was struck by (see what I did there?) the fact that cars are parked both directions on the same side of the street. It really has no bearing on the accident, but I am not accustomed to seeing that. The silver beemer is parked backwards, as is a car further down the street. I had to double think this as it is in England, so everything is backwards from our habits.

Dave McDonald
April 2nd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Looked to me like the Lambo was going way to fast, and the minivanish thing thought it had time to pull out. Minivanish thing was in the wrong for not giving right of way, and the lambo driver is at fault for going far to fast. He had up enough steam to go airborne.

ni0h
April 2nd, 2014, 01:48 PM
One reason ...for me, the most important reason... for speed limits is to provide predictability. You shouldn't have to pull out onto a narrow city street as if you were getting onto the interstate from the breakdown lane with no room to accelerate. You look far enough upstream in traffic that you can't see anybody who, if they were going the speed limit, would run into you before you get up to speed. Most people seem to check for no more than whether somebody would be able to get stopped before hitting them.

The video starts too late to see if the minivan stopped and looked before going, but it started in time to hear the lambo dumping speed from a very high RPM, dropping about a major fifth in pitch before hitting the minivan at a speed still much faster than anyone should have been moving on a road like that. The contact looked like a bit over 40mph - so, 60mph down a mixed-use street?

Sound_Man
April 2nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
.... but it started in time to hear the lambo dumping speed from a very high RPM, dropping about a major fifth in pitch before hitting the minivan....
Dopler effect.

http://youtu.be/h4OnBYrbCjY

GM4X4LOVER
April 2nd, 2014, 03:26 PM
One reason ...for me, the most important reason... for speed limits is to provide predictability. You shouldn't have to pull out onto a narrow city street as if you were getting onto the interstate from the breakdown lane with no room to accelerate. You look far enough upstream in traffic that you can't see anybody who, if they were going the speed limit, would run into you before you get up to speed. Most people seem to check for no more than whether somebody would be able to get stopped before hitting them.

The video starts too late to see if the minivan stopped and looked before going, but it started in time to hear the lambo dumping speed from a very high RPM, dropping about a major fifth in pitch before hitting the minivan at a speed still much faster than anyone should have been moving on a road like that. The contact looked like a bit over 40mph - so, 60mph down a mixed-use street?

I am sure he was speeding but I doubt he was going much over 40mph. The only reason it went air born was because the tires hooked and the cars tire sucked the lambos tire over the top.

oleblue
April 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Just so everyone knows, it was my fault. I did it.
Well I get blamed for everything at work, even when I'm not there.

Did anyone else happen to notice that the van was spinning it fronts. You can see and hear it. Looks like a setup to me.

newracer
April 2nd, 2014, 05:07 PM
I wonder why the guy was filming.

Steve
April 2nd, 2014, 05:10 PM
Did anyone else happen to notice that the van was spinning it fronts. You can see and hear it. Looks like a setup to me.

Dunno about that, but I do wonder why someone just happened to be filming at that exact moment from that exact angle, and didn't seem to jump when they hit, which is not natural unless the person doing filming is expecting it.

Oscar
April 2nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593236/Lamborghini-Aventador-worth-300-000-speed-215mph-wrecked.html

Steve
April 2nd, 2014, 06:07 PM
Knightsbridge section of London is super rich. That Lambo is on the low end of what you commonly see on the streets there. Too bad the article didn't say if anyone was ticketed, whose fault it was, and just focused on the car's top speed and other such tripe. Typical Daily Mail reporting.

ni0h
April 2nd, 2014, 06:46 PM
Dopler effect.

http://youtu.be/h4OnBYrbCjY

so you're saying it was going 1/6 the speed of sound? OK, with braking plus doppler, maybe he was going only 50.

ni0h
April 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
same DB shortly before the crash http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593236/Lamborghini-Aventador-worth-300-000-speed-215mph-wrecked.html#v-3413387181001
any further questions?

Sound_Man
April 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM
so you're saying it was going 1/6 the speed of sound? OK, with braking plus doppler, maybe he was going only 50. Doppler effect can be observed at a walking speed it does not need to be bear the speed of sound. It is really pretty fascinating to me anyway how it happens and the perceived changes in pitch and how multiple things making a sound will change differently at different speeds moving towards or away from the sound source.

same DB shortly before the crash http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593236/Lamborghini-Aventador-worth-300-000-speed-215mph-wrecked.html#v-3413387181001
any further questions?

You said

dropping about a major fifth in pitch before hitting the minivan

Dropping a "major fifth in pitch" would be from doppler effect. A drop in DB would be apparent volume to the microphone and could be caused by all sorts of things.

Sound_Man
April 2nd, 2014, 07:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qZbZ4J3.jpg

Colo.TJ
April 2nd, 2014, 07:42 PM
The mini van was making a right hand turn which would be just like a left hand turn here. Across a traffic lane which there seems to be another vehicle traveling in as well. Not sure about UK but the minivan should have yielded to all traffic before making a left hand turn, crossing an active lane. :shrug:

The Lambo was hauling though. :D

Steve
April 2nd, 2014, 07:45 PM
any further questions?

Huh, do something stupid once and you're guilty of everything afterwards? Based on my teenage years I'm guilty of literally everything bad that's happened within 100 miles of me for the past few decades. But seriously, anyone who drives "aggressively" is a confirmed Db forevermore. Everyone knows that. I'm sure you've never, ever, not even once, driven the least bit aggressively.

Hint: Nothing in the article you linked says anything about a determination of blame for the crash.

GM4X4LOVER
April 2nd, 2014, 08:12 PM
Dunno about that, but I do wonder why someone just happened to be filming at that exact moment from that exact angle, and didn't seem to jump when they hit, which is not natural unless the person doing filming is expecting it.

Where did the guy come from that opened the door for the chick? He seemed to know them as well.

GM4X4LOVER
April 2nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
Wow did you see the brakes on that thing? I think they are bigger than the tires on my Honda.

rubbersidedown
April 2nd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Where did the guy come from that opened the door for the chick? He seemed to know them as well.

Probably from the Maserati just down the street.

Bauer
April 2nd, 2014, 08:22 PM

Meh. He didn't even hit the brakes until after the hit. He was busy being kewl and not paying attention. Minivan person was prolly posting online somewhere complaining about glorious winnatime, also not paying attention. This is just a simple case of when idiots collide. I just happen to enjoy it a little more when Rambo wrecks his pretty car, he was prolly telling the bewbs in the passenger seat how he set the fast lap at Nurburg, or whatever it's called. :laughing:

I bet it went down like this.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/Bauer12/e8271357-747b-4b27-83db-b91b9fd36691_zpsea425c70.jpg

BOOOOOM!

Steve
April 2nd, 2014, 09:09 PM
:lmao:

Clod Hopper
April 2nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
All that money and the pos can't even crawl a tire without busting the suspension? Wow. What junk.

Jeepindog
April 3rd, 2014, 01:40 AM
Knightsbridge section of London is super rich. That Lambo is on the low end of what you commonly see on the streets there. Too bad the article didn't say if anyone was ticketed, whose fault it was, and just focused on the car's top speed and other such tripe. Typical Daily Mail reporting.

Low end, huh? How many other cars are there in the world that cost OVER $500,000?

Dave McDonald
April 3rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
Low end, huh? How many other cars are there in the world that cost OVER $500,000?

Pretty sure I've put about that much into the GDMF Geo getting it running.

Steve
April 3rd, 2014, 09:04 AM

Not many, including the subject Lambo; 2014 MSRP is just under $400k. Used ones can be found for $300k. Lots of high end cars running around Knightsbridge that cost more than $300k.