PDA

View Full Version : Watkins MX track is closed

SamFromCO
March 10th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Drove by the Watkins track this weekend and there was no one riding. I did a Google search and they had posted on their Facebook page that they were unable to get insurance and the track was closed.

SolarBell
March 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Also saw on Facebook that Thunder Valley is honoring Watkins memberships through the end of the year.

mckinney
March 11th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I dont have a bike and ride anymore,,, but when I did that was my favorite place because of how close it was to home! Nothing like hitting that 90' table top in fifth gear... Braaaaap!

That's to bad!

teamextreme
March 11th, 2014, 05:14 PM
That's too bad, although I haven't ridden there in 4 or 5 years, it was my favorite too. It was right down the street when I lived in Aurora, now Thunder Valley is. I may have to go there this summer, but my bike with lights just doesn't fit in.

mckinney, that 90 footer was crazy. I remember riding there the first time, hitting that and landing, oh, maybe half way, thinking to myself, why do they make a jump this long, there's no way anyone can clear this. Right about that time a blue YZ sails right over my head past me, landing on the other end. I couldn't believe it.

mckinney
March 11th, 2014, 08:44 PM
That's too bad, although I haven't ridden there in 4 or 5 years, it was my favorite too. It was right down the street when I lived in Aurora, now Thunder Valley is. I may have to go there this summer, but my bike with lights just doesn't fit in.

mckinney, that 90 footer was crazy. I remember riding there the first time, hitting that and landing, oh, maybe half way, thinking to myself, why do they make a jump this long, there's no way anyone can clear this. Right about that time a blue YZ sails right over my head past me, landing on the other end. I couldn't believe it.

That thing was sick. I tried a couple times when I first started ridding track, did not come out to well landing short. After about 5 times there I got my suspension re-valved and oil weight changed in the suspension, and gave it a whirl following a guy that was doing it so I knew what was the sweat spot for speed. After that,,, every lap baby!! No lie one day got way to caulky and over shot the whole thing, landing and all, sprained both ankles that day LOL

CLYDE
March 14th, 2014, 09:37 PM
just come on out east a little more, 800 acres of playground at CORE WWW.Coloradooffroadextreme.com You will even get to see my smiling face as I take your money lol.