PDA

View Full Version : Calendar and "Current Topics" restored

Eric
November 17th, 2001, 11:23 AM
I spent the day playing with this site and it payed off.

I've restored the long-lost calendar! You'll find links to the Calendar in the navigation menu to the left, the forum-specific links at the top, and via the mini-calendar on the main page (note that this mini-calendar also hi-lights days with scheduled events... these highlighted days are your link to the calendar and a description of that day's events). Yet another cool feature is the integration with posts in the "Wheelin' Trips & Reports", "General 4x4", and "General Chit Chat" where you can choose to have your post to the forum be automatically copied and entered into the Calendar. This should prove especially useful for planning trips! A "for fun" feature of the Calendar is displaying birthdays so if you edit your profile you'll find a new field for entering your birthdate. Finally, on the main forum page you'll notice a new field way at the bottom that lists "Today's Events" and a link to the Calendar. I'll be tweaking this soon and I'll move it up so it's just below Who's Online. I think they'd get overlooked way down there.

Currently the Instant Graemlins, Instant UBB Code, and Upload and Image are not incorporated into the Add and Event form for the Calendar. I find each of these quite useful so in time I'll find a way to get those in there smile.gif
I also restored the "Current Topics" feature on the main page. This is a quick and easy way to check the four most recent posts to the BB (excluding the Testing, For Sale, and Wanted forums) and it does not reset at midnight like the built-in "Active Topics" feature does.

Also for kicks I added icons to represent each catagory :rolleyes: , restored the About page, and I spent some time rearranging the front (Home) page. Starting to get a little cluttered up there unfortunately :( Let me know your thoughts on these changes to CO4x4 and as always please keep those suggestions coming! This is OUR site, not mine graemlins/thefinger.gif

Time to go stock up on supplies for tonight's meteor show graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/thefinger.gif graemlins/beer.gif