View Full Version : Almost, almost followed me home today....

November 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM

Sephia pic helps blend my way to bright red Moab shirt with this awesome Vivid Black machine in the pic.

Got the options added up today to get a good OTD price. NOT impulse buying....yet....

2014 Street Glide Special. What I love about this bike is the versatility of adding the tour pack to it for long weekend trips and then being able to quick release and remove it all for a quick day or night cruise.

Damn this is a nice bike!

November 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
If you do the math, I think you will find that it would actually be cheaper to get the EG, and just remove the tour pack when you want it off.

November 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Looked at that. The white one 3 bikes down from the one I am sitting on. Its $1000 cheaper. Difference is the tour pack on the SG comes off in 10 seconds with a quick connect system vs. The EG is all hard mounted.

Oh I like the SG faring a lot better too. :thumbsup:

December 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
You can however, put a quick disconnect system on the EG tour pack. Just giving you other options. I have never had the desire to remove the tour pack on my EG. It holds my full face helmet for those unexpected rain/hail storms. :beer:

December 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cool no I appreciate the advice. I am by no means a die-hard biker..... yet LOL.

I asked the salesman about that and he said for the 2014 it was not available with a quick disconnect so I am not sure?

December 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
None of the EGs come with the quick disconnect. You have to buy it as an accessory and install it yourself. Maybe they haven't made the kit for the 2014s yet.......

I do like how the tour pack looks smaller but is actually larger than on the 2013s though.

Either way, both bikes are awesome!!

December 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
How do you like the leg fairings? That's the other standard item on the EG vs. the SG. Just seemed very bulky to me. I imagine in cooler weather it helps with wind chill. Is there any other benefit?

December 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM
They help alot with cold weather chill. On rainy days they help keep your lower legs dry. They also stop the occasional small rock that REALLY hurts at highway speeds from hitting you in the legs. They also have an adjustable "shield" that you can open when you want the air flow. Note: that is for the 2013s.

The 2014s have the new liquid cooled heads, and all the liquid cooling components are located in the lower fairings.