PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen something like this?

CLYDE
November 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Ok Im not sure if anything like what Im looking for exists, or if it would have to be built to specs. Has anyone ever seen something that would travel up and down a wire? It will have to carry maybe 5lbs tops, and would like it to travel fairly quickly. Its for a Halloween decoration for next year, I want to string a wirse between my neighbors tree and mine, and hang a big ol ghoul from it, and have it fly over the heads of the kids when they walk up.

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
My neighbor has something that does that. Seems like they used to have them at Spencer's back in the day...

This might help you start: https://www.google.com/search?q=moving+halloween+decoration&oq=moving+halloween+decoration&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.5510j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=122&espv=210&q=flying+halloween+decoration

CLYDE
November 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM
couple of items there that might help build what Im thinking of. Picture a moving, wire suspended camera rig, like you would see at a sporting event, such as a nascar race. Scaled down of course, and wouldn't have to carry as much weight, nor need to be pivot. Speed controllable would be ideal tho.

mortimersnerd
November 4th, 2013, 12:22 AM
It wouldn't be hard too string up a thin cable on a couple of pulleys and a small motor. You could use a speed controller and radio from a radio control car.

CLYDE
November 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
that was sort of my thinking, but have to figure out how to put it all together, and make the drive hook up to the pulley.