PDA

View Full Version : So anyone still into R/C

cmd11
August 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Kind of a dead area here.

Is anyone into Nitro monster trucks or r/c crawlers?

i am kinda lonely :(

Big Dave
August 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
Every time I walk by my SCX-10 in the garage I think to myself "I really need to get that thing going again" and never manage to get around to it.

cmd11
August 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM
Every time I walk by my SCX-10 in the garage I think to myself "I really need to get that thing going again" and never manage to get around to it.

i hear ya. I drug my AX10 out to play with and forgot how much fun it was. once the heat breaks I am going to go play in the washes in and around parker. i have heard there is a good place to go near redrocks..

bsaunder
August 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
I'm playing with an RC helicopter or RC car at least 2-3 times a week; then again, I have kids that love to watch me play and try to race me with their RC cars etc as well...

akascrambled
August 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Check out "The Crawl Space" in Arvada. Its a small RC hobby shop focused on RC crawlers, w/ an indoor rock course...and has a large club that meets weekly around the metro area for comps/events etc. Attend one of the events, costs virtually nothing, and is one hell of a lot of fun! Plenty of places around Red Rocks to have fun just about anytime, as well as a very good area near Lutz field(58th and Kipling) in Arvada. Check out the canal rip-rap area just west of the Baseball fields on the North side of the dirt parking lots, adjacent to 58th ave(near Oak st.) Also another indoor RC club near the King Soopers on West Colfax near Simms. CORCC (Colorado RC Club)? I believe is the name. Although this location focuses mainly on road/carpet track racing etc. During the Summer months the often have a large road course set up in the old Target shopping center parking lot just east of the King Soopers

Big Dave
August 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM
The place near Red Rocks is pretty good. Honestly though some of the places in Parker are just as good though, and much closer to ya. There's a really good spot behind the shopping center at the SW corner of Parker and Mainstreet, and another south of Parker and Pine. It looks like there's a little parking lot at Twenty Mile and Ponderosa that you could park in and walk over. I might have some pics of the areas on my comp at home too.

newracer
August 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM
I still drive my crawlers fairly often. Just bought a MRC Pro. I don't fly my planes very often though.

cmd11
August 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
I also run a pair of traxxas nitro monster trucks - a revo with a picco max .26 and a tmaxx with an .21 OS TM. I mostly just run them around the 'hood and have gone to the track in littleton a few times to see if can still drive like the old days (like way old days... 1980s r/c technology).

The ax-10 was stock up until last week. now it's getting a bunch of mods so that it can climb.

at any rate - I would love to run with some fellow rc-ers.

srobertsfsj
August 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM
I have a couple of AX-10's that are all modded up but I haven't played with them in over a year. My son and I use to attend all the comps around town but they died out and there isn't much down in the SW part of town.

SPY
August 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
I have a Losi mini crawler that needs to get out. I know of a bunch of spots in Parker to crawl.

Behind the Rec. center baseball fields where the old skatepark used to be is a bad ass spot and so is the slick rock just n/w of sprouts.

1BADKJ
August 22nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
I run my 1/5 scale HPI Baja 5sc as much as I can,still trying to figure out a heat issue but with a 57cc twin cylinder engine designed for water cooling and 6000'+ does not help much.So much fun though.

ColoradoSkier
August 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Where is the spot near Red Rocks?

ssyork
August 22nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Just got mine and my son's wraith going again with a new steering servo. Now the motor is on the way out! We just hang around the house though, we live off of hwy 103 on the way to mt Evans. He wants to start going to some of the crawlspace events though, but he is only 6 so we will see.

cmd11
August 22nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
Where is the spot near Red Rocks?

Supposedly near the elementary school. But from what I have read its kind of dicey due to the proximity of the school.

cmd11
August 22nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
I have been wrenching on my ax10 for several nights with up grades. Itchin to try it out!

cmd11
August 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
I run my 1/5 scale HPI Baja 5sc as much as I can,still trying to figure out a heat issue but with a 57cc twin cylinder engine designed for water cooling and 6000'+ does not help much.So much fun though.

I have watched those cars on YouTube. The speeds they run is mind boggling!

Big Dave
August 22nd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Supposedly near the elementary school. But from what I have read its kind of dicey due to the proximity of the school.

Correct. There's a small parking area right off the road when you turn in to the Red Rocks just past the school. I've parked there and walked due east to the rock area, which is due south of the school. The locals over on RCCrawler are probably more up to date on the situation over there, but I was generally underwhelmed by that area. The rocks are smack dab in the center of this map if the link works: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d2996!2d-105.1960204!3d39.6549763!2m1!1e3&fid=7

cmd11
August 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
I have a Losi mini crawler that needs to get out. I know of a bunch of spots in Parker to crawl.

Behind the Rec. center baseball fields where the old skatepark used to be is a bad ass spot and so is the slick rock just n/w of sprouts.

gonna have to find some time and hit those spots. They look promising on google maps.

cmd11
August 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
i wonder if castlewood canyon has any good spots to run. especially down by the old dam.

SPY
August 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Let me know, I could show you arround some time. There are a few other good spots i'm trying to remember.

Castlewood Canyon would be good but I'm thinking the canyon rim(above the "cave trail" or down by the southern entrance) on either side would be better than by the dam.

cmd11
August 24th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Let me know, I could show you arround some time. There are a few other good spots i'm trying to remember.

Castlewood Canyon would be good but I'm thinking the canyon rim(above the "cave trail" or down by the southern entrance) on either side would be better than by the dam.

I mirrored the tranny and installed a set of sedonas last night on the ax10.

Still need to do a little work on the links and I will be ready. I am busy this week and traveling labor day week but I should be ready the weekend after.

I saw that some people go to Daniels park also. Looks like a cool place too!

srobertsfsj
August 24th, 2013, 08:18 PM

There use to be comps at red rocks but I they got banned, even during off school hours and weekends. You have to have "special permission" to crawl there.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/colorado/401511-rc-crawling-red-rocks.html

srobertsfsj
August 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM

There use to be comps at red rocks but I they got banned, even during off school hours and weekends. You have to have "special permission" to crawl there.

1BGDOG
August 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM
The crew here is amazing!

Check out "The Crawl Space" in Arvada. Its a small RC hobby shop focused on RC crawlers, w/ an indoor rock course...and has a large club that meets weekly around the metro area for comps/events etc. Attend one of the events, costs virtually nothing, and is one hell of a lot of fun! Plenty of places around Red Rocks to have fun just about anytime, as well as a very good area near Lutz field(58th and Kipling) in Arvada. Check out the canal rip-rap area just west of the Baseball fields on the North side of the dirt parking lots, adjacent to 58th ave(near Oak st.) Also another indoor RC club near the King Soopers on West Colfax near Simms. CORCC (Colorado RC Club)? I believe is the name. Although this location focuses mainly on road/carpet track racing etc. During the Summer months the often have a large road course set up in the old Target shopping center parking lot just east of the King Soopers

The Crawl Space organized two events there this summer. As your links hints at.

I have 2 Wraiths, one ricockulous, all the bells and whistles 2.2 then a 1.9 fun little crawler.

cmd11
August 28th, 2013, 09:16 PM
F/R 4 link done, extended the upper links and added some anti-squat. Also added some separation to the linkage connection points on the front axle so that the front end sucks down a little under forward power. Kinda hikes up in the back and looks cartoonish in a way, but it does climb with no driveline induced twist.

Added a saddle pack to the front axle to shift weight forward as well.

It's so easy to make these changes and experiment. No welder, torch, ect required.

bsaunder
August 28th, 2013, 09:57 PM
The crew here is amazing!

The Crawl Space organized two events there this summer. As your links hints at.

I have 2 Wraiths, one ricockulous, all the bells and whistles 2.2 then a 1.9 fun little crawler.

How do you like the wraiths? Ive been thinking about picking one up to play with.

1BGDOG
August 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM
How do you like the wraiths? Ive been thinking about picking one up to play with.

Love them! Not too sure of your skill level of building these things. My first one was a RTR on a Nimh battery. I threw a lot of money and time at it. And learned a lot. Sold that one and picked up two more! So for both of these I have about $700 into them. I traded parts for the little one. The big one I got for an amazing deal. It truly is a race car!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/1bgdog/image_zpsa5551aeb.jpg

cmd11
January 9th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Anyone want to play?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/EEBD5579-1D8B-40FF-BDD1-8F54009B7029_zpstfiqkleg.jpg (http://s291.photobucket.com/user/coreydaspit/media/EEBD5579-1D8B-40FF-BDD1-8F54009B7029_zpstfiqkleg.jpg.html)

Several traxxas MTs (electric and nitro), Mugen truggy and buggy, and some vintage kyosho chain drive nitro buggies :)

colombiapunk
January 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Just charged up the batteries on mine this last weekend. Started looking at parts again... it's a fun hobby the month or two a year I remember I have them and get into them...

I'm still waiting for my son to be old enough to want to do more than crash into mine with his.

Wish I was in CO sounds like you guys have an active scene

Wulf
January 21st, 2016, 11:00 AM
I'm hoping to get a nitro truck within the next year or so lol

my old Traxxas Stampede has been KIA

Big Dave
January 21st, 2016, 11:20 AM
it's a fun hobby the month or two a year I remember I have them and get into them...

Sums me and R/C up perfectly

Jers79CJ
January 21st, 2016, 11:37 AM
Check out some of Headquakes videos if you haven't seen them before, watching his stuff makes me want to get into RC's but I don't possess anywhere near the talent it would take to build one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93I3lbWeX8

cocamper
February 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Old thread, but thought I'd bring it back up...

A week ago I purchased an Axial RR10 Bomber. It's a replica of Randy Slawsons KOH winning vehicle. I hadn't "played" with RC vehicles in a long time, and I have to admit, this thing is really fun. So far all I've done is "rock crawl" in some drainage ditches around my house, this thing is flat out awesome and can take on some serious rocks! I'm sure I'll break stuff and will upgrade as I do, but so far I'm really enjoying it, just wish I had more time to play!! If anyone around Parker ever wants to meet up for some RC Crawling, hit me up, as I'm a rookie to this and wouldn't mind learning some tips and tricks.