PDA

View Full Version : Got the RZR XP Bug

zillacon
July 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Decided to buy an XP today so I sealed the deal on a 2012 Vudoo Blue model with EPS. Somebody had it priced wrong and had it listed as a regular XP LE so I got a fricken smoking deal. All my accessories that will fit on my old machine are going on this one and they should have it ready tomorrow. Its gonna look killer with the 14" Beadlocks and 30" Black Mambas. Cant wait to rip on this Biotch this weekend.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1rq3bl.jpg

My Old Machine
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/powerwagon67/2012-05-16_11-41-18_585.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f219/powerwagon67/2012-05-20_14-57-50_796.jpg

Impaired
July 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Congrats...You're gonna like it. A LOT! Mine doesn't have EPS but I wish it did.

I found a 1" lowered stance is a good place to be and feels good pitching around corners but still has enough clearance to get over things. 2" lowered is too low and drags over everything. Stock felt a bit high to me.

Got a small mixed group of buggy, cj5, sport quads, and an xp running Holy Cross on Monday mid morning if you want break it in propper.

zillacon
July 10th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I wont be able to lower mine as I am running 14" Beadlocks with 30" Black Mambas so I need all the room I can get. I've got two guys at work on Vacation or I'd tag along with you guys on Monday. I'll get it broken in up at Deadmans this weekend.

American Rock Rods
July 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I kind of want to run holy cross on monday, where is the meeting spot? I'd be in the KOH utv

redcj7
July 11th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Congrats, you will love it. Power steering is awesome, especially in rocks.

zillacon
July 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I raced a friends Moms Smart Car today with it. LOL Video to come!

Impaired
July 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I kind of want to run holy cross on monday, where is the meeting spot? I'd be in the KOH utv

PM sent. Sinkhole access closure may affect trip.

I raced a friends Moms Smart Car today with it. LOL Video to come!

Funny.

Impaired
August 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
So, you have had it for a while....what is you updated thoughts? How are those shafts holding up to the tires you slapped on it?

zillacon
August 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry, Just seen this. Been down at the RZR Rally at Taylor for the last week. The XP has been a blast and i should have bought one from the beginning. The only issue I have had is that it had a small crack in the drivers rear trailering arm shock mount where they didnt weld it all the way from the factory. I repaired it myself as it was much quicker than taking it in.
Bought a lighted whip and Pro Armor Harness from Bill and I also won a killer Kicker stereo system at the Rally from Dunertunes. My wife won a hat and a soft top for a RZR as well.

zkeys
August 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I am getting ready to scratch this itch as well. However, we have been thinking about the 800S-4 seat, or the XP-4 seat, since it is the wife and 2 kids.

However, I do not like the length of the 4 seater. I do some tight woods riding on occasion and would rather have a 2 seat model for that.

Too many choices....

zillacon
August 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I am getting ready to scratch this itch as well. However, we have been thinking about the 800S-4 seat, or the XP-4 seat, since it is the wife and 2 kids.

However, I do not like the length of the 4 seater. I do some tight woods riding on occasion and would rather have a 2 seat model for that.

Too many choices....

Get the XP4 if you get the 4 seater. Well worth it just for the fun factor and the kick for the extra weight of the machine and passengers. The 800 is a great machine just lacks a little in the whoop ass dept.

zkeys
August 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Get the XP4 if you get the 4 seater. Well worth it just for the fun factor and the kick for the extra weight of the machine and passengers. The 800 is a great machine just lacks a little in the whoop ass dept.

Yeah, I think if I went with the 4 seater it would be the XP. If I went with a 2 seater I would save some dough and get the 800-S.

Did you see any of the 4 seaters having issues with getting high centered or anything on your Taylor Park ride?

I have been watching a bunch of video's from the the UTV Rally on the Rocks in Moab. The 4 seaters seem to do pretty well out there. Actually, the length seems to be a pretty big advantage on the steep stuff, unless they high center.

I have also seen the back seat/roll cage that can be put in the bed of the 2 door RZR's. That looks pretty appealing. When I am rolling in the woods I can take it off, but if I need to take the kids I can put it in. It looks like it sits pretty high up which would not be the best. And for the high cost (around $1500) I could just get the 4 seater....

Zack

zillacon
August 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
You know I have yet to see a 4 seater get high centered. I thought the same thing but man they do really, really well and that includes Moab. My buddy has one and follows me around everywhere with his wife and 2 kiddos in the car seats in back.

redcj7
August 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Like Zillacon pointed out, I would buy the 900 XP just for the engine and suspension. I own two RZR-S' and two XP's, and I let friends drive the S' because the XP's are way more fun. If I only owned one, it would be an XP, whether a two seater of 4 seater.

Before I bought something to put a back seat in, you might want to look at HB 1595 in California. It does away with non factory back seats, and it might be spreading to other states. It was sponsored by the manufactures and supported by CPSC.

After owning several RZR's, I wouldn't put a back seat in one anyway. I think they are unsafe. Maybe a Rhino or a Teryx, but not a RZR. Just my opinion.

Impaired
August 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Zillacon, glad you're enjoying it. These things are so easy to work on compared to fullsize rigs.

ZKeys-XP4 for sure..... That will most likely be my next one. Like RedCJ7 said, Kids up in the back is a bad idea. More so with a stock cage add on. No Way.

Thanks again for loaning me your Pitbull tires when my Big Horns went flat Bill! They worked Great for me even after you guys thrashed them for a week in the King of the Hammers Race... Good Stuff.

zkeys
August 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Good info guys, thanks!