PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing?

Covet
January 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Any gamers here? What do you play? What console?

I play XBOX mostly 1st Person shooter (ie. COD, Battlefield....hate HALO :drool:)

Digger
January 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=58

crashXJ
January 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I have the Halo Anniversary re-release but still shrink wrapped.

Skyrim but after a couple of weeks shelved it so I could get some chit done.

Pretty much all about MW3 right now.

Covet
January 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=58

How'd I miss that. I even searched. Well in the attempt to not look like a fool I failed. :shrug:

crashXJ
January 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I am on XBL under the handle:

crashIO

Feel free to add me as a friend. If we get enough CO4x4 folks online we should start a clan. I am tired of dealing with idiots running all over without any kind of real cohesive effort to win.

Snotty
January 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Depends on the game I guess. Just picked up an xBox and only have Halo, (call me old school I guess) and am contemplating BF3.

Played all the BF games on PC until now. Jury is still on out building a PC for BF3 or just get the console. Been a PC gamer since Wolfenstien came out a looooooong time ago.

crashXJ
January 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Depends on the game I guess. Just picked up an xBox and only have Halo, (call me old school I guess) and am contemplating BF3.

Played all the BF games on PC until now. Jury is still on out building a PC for BF3 or just get the console. Been a PC gamer since Wolfenstien came out a looooooong time ago.

Right there with ya on Wolfenstein and absolutely enjoyed the sequel Return to Castle Wolfenstein. :thumbsup:

Consider MW3 for your Xbox. It is crazy addictive. I am saving BF3 for the PC and plan on spec'ing out a new rig soon. :beer:

Snotty
January 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Actually looking at this setup, just to stop any potential brain damage that would be caused by trying to "spec out" my own bang for the buck...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.791304

crashXJ
January 5th, 2012, 04:32 PM
That CPU cooler looks pretty bad azz.

http://www.corsair.com/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h80-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

CYAN5DE
January 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
MW3, about it right now.

also, fruit ninja, on my buddies kinnect with his youngsters sometimes.

zkeys
January 6th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I am in for MW3 and anything Halo.

Zkeys29 is gamertag.

starbreaker666
January 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Skyrim, but I only buy PC games........ I'd get to play it more if my daughter would give me a chance to play...=(

RockyRed
January 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I have been playing Doom since it first came out.....started on a mouse loaded into a computer and now on my X-Box...playing Doom3 Resurection.

As long as I've been playing this..I get stuck all the time....I have to call my son over to get me thru some of the stuff....I have to keep the volume down, it freaks out my wife to hear the the bad guys dying....and my guy dying all the time...Thank God for 'save game'......

crashXJ
January 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Doom 4 should be coming out soon I think.

csutke
January 10th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Pretty Much just MW3 for me. Every once in a ill put in MW2 just for a change.

Xbox - Gamertag - MOLON LAABE

RockyRed
January 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=crashXJ;1933948]Right there with ya on Wolfenstein and absolutely enjoyed the sequel Return to Castle Wolfenstein. :thumbsup:

When I first started playing Doom....was traveling thu a tunneland somehow a 'secret door' opened in to the world of 'Wolfenstein'...went thru and killed a lot of guys!!!
Wasn't Wolfenstein the pre-cursor to Doom...?
I still have the old CD's and played them a little a few months ago....the graphics were horrible in those beginning days.......

Rimmer
January 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Snotty.... get MW3 for the console,

but get the PC version of BF3

I need some people to platoon up with.

I am on as Rimmer01

Ice Horse
January 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Really playing Red Dead Redemption at the moment on the XBOX 360...love that game. Burnout Paradise is also really fun but I'm not sure where it's hiding now.

I really want to experience online play -headdesk- Mostly because I want to do things with other people but partially because I would enjoy hearing people freak out cause I'm a girl haha

I have a PS3 too but I like the XBOX controller better.

crashXJ
January 13th, 2012, 08:09 AM
RDR is pretty cool but I still haven't finished it. Why no online play?

And yeah chicks on XBL are like chicks in forums...queue the sharks. :D

Ice Horse
January 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Haha your right on the shark thing!

-sigh- I think I have just come to the realization that they have a free membership to XBOX live. Haha...hate myself. My XBOX doesn't have wifi though...I've been out of the gaming world for a while ever since school started up but now I think I need to look into online gaming. I'll need to get an ethernet cable or something. But that's if I have time to do so anyway. Feeling super smart today... :D'

crashXJ
January 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
If you have the old white Xbox they make a USB wifi adapter but when I had one of those consoles I just ran an ethernet cable like you mentioned. Its faster than wifi anyway.

As for XBL free membership...not sure what it nets you...I just pay the one time a year fee for Gold. However that said if you are in school I can imagine $$$ being a bit tight.

Ice Horse
January 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I dug around the house and found an ethernet cable woo! I am now Roren21 on the 360 haha I can't believe I denied myself for so long. -facepalm- I do get a free gold membership for a month...too bad I'm heading back up to school Sunday :\

crashXJ
January 13th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sometimes I miss college...but not around late April early May. :D

Ice Horse
January 14th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Haha yeah. RDR is fun online. I had fun yesterday evening playing a bunch of Co-op missions. Sucks not having a mic. But I also enjoyed annoying some 12 yo boys from the sound of it...could hear them talk. Kept killing them...figured they'd attempt to shoot back but they just kept running and screaming haha

Zeus in Speedos
February 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Xbox

I have been playing Skyrim like nobody's business since Christmas. Looking forward to Mass Effect 3.

crashXJ
February 15th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I am still stuck on MW3. Skyrim is awesome...but I am saving that for some sick time or something.

I pre-ordred ME3 this week and downloaded the demo last night but I have been working a bunch so I haven't checked it out yet.

Zeus in Speedos
February 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I refuse to play that Demo. I really want to but I don't want to spoil the game when it comes out.

Covet
February 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I am still playing MW3. My XBL Gamertag is VvV Covet. I will look some of you up. I am currently in clan but am always making friends that make the game fun. It's better than to have to deal with foul mouthed 13 year olds. I like to hear foul mouths from more experienced foul mouthers; :shrug:

Zeus in Speedos
February 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Cool. My XBL GT is my forum name here. I hate those racist kids that like to rape my mom and sister.

Gizmo42
February 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm still on BFBC2 LOL. Now that the price for BF3 is starting to come down I'll probably pick it up too. I only go with PC games though. After I got an original nintendo I decided I will never buy another console.

crashXJ
February 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I hate those racist kids that like to rape my mom and sister.

It is because of that I rarely even use the mic and I tend to mute "the haters" as I find them distracting and pretty much worthless. :D

crashXJ
February 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I refuse to play that Demo. I really want to but I don't want to spoil the game when it comes out.

Okay well without ruining it....

...MASS EFFECT 3 is gonna be SICK! Demo is pretty good...looks like mini-games (hacking and such) may have been dropped for the Kinect voice commands which kinda sucks but other than that it just looks great!

It did have a mode where you could just treat it like a shooter and all dialog scenes become cutscenes with dialog choices made for you which is what I played so I didn't ruin the "choose your own direction" of the retail game when it drops.

Zeus in Speedos
February 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Exactly Crash.

I have been with a group of adult gamers for a couple of years now and find that my XBL experience has improved dramatically. http://www.adultgamersnetwork.com/

Not a clan or anything, just 21 and overs who hate singing racist kids.....but many of us have kids......:D

Zeus in Speedos
February 17th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Okay well without ruining it....

...MASS EFFECT 3 is gonna be SICK! Demo is pretty good...looks like mini-games (hacking and such) may have been dropped for the Kinect voice commands which kinda sucks but other than that it just looks great!

It did have a mode where you could just treat it like a shooter and all dialog scenes become cutscenes with dialog choices made for you which is what I played so I didn't ruin the "choose your own direction" of the retail game when it drops.I have seen those options and I will most probably go the RPG route.

crashXJ
March 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Just under 5 days till Mass Effect 3 comes out! :pbj:

I hope they didn't eff it up man. :D

I decided to run through 1 and 2 and do some of the story a little differently to pick up on different choices/changes.

WhtJeep
March 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Mass Effect 3 is pretty good so far. I kind of wish I didnt import my character though. Starting at level 24 almost makes it too easy.

Eric
March 11th, 2012, 12:36 AM
World of Tanks