PDA

View Full Version : Bragging Thread: What games were you REALLY good at

potter
November 12th, 2011, 01:42 PM
So back in the day me and my friends would play Golden Eye on N64 a lot, we were all pretty good. It got to the point we would only play one shot kills with pistols.

Battlefield 1942 I was absolutely insane at. In it's heyday I was ranked 91st best player globally (pretty damn good when you consider the game sold like 4 million copies). It was very rare I even came across anyone remotely as good or better than me - I could go weeks or months before seeing anyone. I was a sniper, and could run straight at a group of players with assault rifles and kill them all before any of them were even able to get a shot off that hit me. I could basically while running - stop - kneel - and fire a head shot kill, in the span of a fraction of a second. I seriously doubt I'll ever be as good at any game as I was at that one. The reason I was able to get that good was because I pretty much played all day and night. My GF of the time even had a custom shirt made for me that said "I'd rather be playing Battlefield" on the front and had my handle on the sleeve. Because I'd constantly just sign and say "I'd rather be playing battlefield" when I was out doing anything. I even had a "drunk handle" where I'd log on while wasted and just be an ass and chat that I was going to go take over X base with just a knife - run over and take out and capture an entire base on my own with just a knife killing like 20 people in the process without ever dying. I wish I had known about gaming contests back then, as they used to have massive contest/convention around the country for BF1942 and I certainly had the skill to attend.

SOF II I was really good at too. Not the best at all, but I was constantly accused of hacking during games.

Other than those I've only been mostly just been decent at games. I can get good, help teams win, and make first place a lot. But it's nothing like BF1942 or SOFII was.

ColoradoSkier
November 12th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I got to be a pretty decent pilot in BF2, but nothing like what you are talking about.

Yucca-Man
November 12th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Xevious.

Oh, I'm sorry - back in what day?

Oscar
November 12th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Monster Truck Madness 2

WhtJeep
November 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Had a pretty good clan set together that went undefeated in competition. That game was so much fun.

Swanson52
November 13th, 2011, 08:38 AM
The games I was REALLY good at didn't have online multiplayer.

I'm talking NCAA Football, NBA Jams and Mortal Kombat on Sega, Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble on NES.

Back in the day.

Big Dave
November 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Goldeneye was awesome. We always did the one shot kill, and proximity mines was fun too. Everybody in our dorm talked about how good they were, but whenever they came up to our room and played my roomies and I we would obliterate them.

potter
November 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Xevious.

Oh, I'm sorry - back in what day?

Xevious is only ten years older than Goldeneye :flipoff2:

starbreaker666
November 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I owned as a helo pilot in BF2.

I was in an end game guild in EQ2. I have since slowed my MMO playing to a crawl. Like less then 2 hours a month in game..lol

crashXJ
November 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Donkey Kong when I was a wee lad.

Goldeneye and Mario Kart on the 64.

MW3 I am still getting my butt handed to me however my kill/death ratio is slowly getting better.