PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Paint Work?

CAC91
July 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
I have a motorcycle gas tank and a pair of side covers that are are bare steel that I want to have finished.

I want a shop that uses excellent quality material.

I don't want a fancy paint scheme - only a single color.

I have talked to a few automotive paint shops I have received recommendations for and they do not take on such small jobs.

Any recommendations based on work you've had done within the last year?

scottycards
July 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Jared at Motorsports Concepts.

I've used him a few time for small paint jobs/repairs. Top notch, fair prices, and a good guy.

http://motorsport-concepts.com/

meatballs
July 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
I used gunslingers in golden. Awesome work.

zillacon
July 22nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
I can do it for you but I am busy until Mid Aug. Not sure if that works for you.

CAC91
July 26th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you for the responses guys. I will be calling the places recommended and talking with them.

I can do it for you but I am busy until Mid Aug. Not sure if that works for you.

Zillacon, Do you own or work at a shop or paint at home as a side business?

What brand of paint and primer do you use?

Are you experienced with lacquer, urethane, or ???

Do you have a rough idea what you would charge to paint a 4 gallon tank and two medium side covers a solid color? They are bare metal with light rust from the air and handling right now. I have coated the tank with sealer so it can't take oven heat or any blasting or dipping if that matters.

zillacon
July 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the responses guys. I will be calling the places recommended and talking with them.

Zillacon, Do you own or work at a shop or paint at home as a side business?

What brand of paint and primer do you use?

Are you experienced with lacquer, urethane, or ???

Do you have a rough idea what you would charge to paint a 4 gallon tank and two medium side covers a solid color? They are bare metal with light rust from the air and handling right now. I have coated the tank with sealer so it can't take oven heat or any blasting or dipping if that matters.

PM Sent!