PDA

View Full Version : Gave up the old MTRs for Kevlars

ursman
June 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Well after Billings made one of my old MTR's give up the ghost, reluctantly I decided on the new Kevlar MTRs. 35 x 12.5 x 15" and I gotta say that if anyone has any doubt or is on the fence about getting a set, DO IT. They hook up like crazy even when not aired down very much. I went out on a shakedown test at LHC a few weeks ago and aired down to about 12psi for some of the very few obstacles remaining open. These tires work excellent in the rocks. I thought that they are a little taller than 35" when putting them up to my old ones with less than 2 seasons on them. They balance really well and actually don't make near as much road noise as the old ones. I can't wait to get my revenge on Billings with these. :beer::beer:

cajun tj
June 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Good to hear. I love the old style MTR's and am still running them on my TJ. Down to about 25-30% tread now...and was wondering what tire I would go with when their done.

k2peaker
December 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I went to the Kevlar MTRs after running Blue Label BFG Krawlers (35"s) for a couple of seasons -- really glad I 'de-tuned'. The Kevlar MTRs do everything I want on the trail (on PSC Beadlocks) plus are good road tires.