PDA

View Full Version : Any nitro guys??

Jeffro600
May 22nd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Gotta question...

Have a Traxxas Revo 3.3 and having some issues getting the motor dialed in. Set the high speed and got it running in the 260-270 range after a few high speed passes. Per the instructions, I then set the idle. Using the pinch test on the fuel line to set the low speed, I have it at about a 2.5 second cutoff.

Occasionally, usually in slower, technical sections, if you let off the throttle completely, the idle will drop down very low and sometimes(usually) dies. It drops a good bit lower than where the idle was set. When it dies, it's incredibly difficult to get started again.

Usually with a little blipping of the throttle, you can bring it back and it then idles back up where it should. I've tried adjust the slow speed needle to 3+ seconds with the pinch test and down to about as low as 1.5 and everywhere in between and still does it. Also tried with the high speed needle set in the 280-290 range but I don't want to go any higher than that in temp.

I'm not much of a nitro tuner beyond the very rudimentary basics of what the manual covers. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or what I should take a look at?? :confused:

newracer
May 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Check your glow plug, make sure it is burning clean.