PDA

View Full Version : Ford Service/Warranty

Abner
March 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I took my 06 in to the dealer today because it has an oil leak. They think it is the bed plate and they are going to have to pull the motor to fix it.
So what else should I ask them to look at while it is in for its stay? My warranty is coming up so if you have any other items that I should inquire about please let me know and I will inquire about them.
TIA

bsaunder
March 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
06 what? F150/250/350/650 v10, v8, powerstroke....

Abner
March 29th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Oh sorry
06 F250 powerstroke with an auto

T3N5OR
March 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM
ask for a chevy? :flipoff2:

joshp xj
March 29th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Oil cooler. Generally the cause of erg cooler failures. Tell them the temp gauge intermittently spikes to hot. They replace the coolers in pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoK66
March 30th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I took my 06 in to the dealer today because it has an oil leak. They think it is the bed plate and they are going to have to pull the motor to fix it.
So what else should I ask them to look at while it is in for its stay? My warranty is coming up so if you have any other items that I should inquire about please let me know and I will inquire about them.
TIA

I traded mine off rather than deal with that issue. They tried three different seal & sensor repairs with no improvement. This involves a complete tear down to the crank. I couldn't even imagine how many more problems the thing was going to have after some poor tech did this on Ford's illustrious flat rate times. I used to work for Ford....no thanks. Pity, the 6.0L is such a great performer but long term it's just russian roulette.

Abner
March 30th, 2011, 07:44 AM
T3ignore5

I wanted a real backseat!

Clod Hopper
April 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
So Abner, how did all the loose hardware left by the Ford techs do for you? Is your starter and flexplate effed?:flipoff2:

My 7.3 isn't leaking. :D:flipoff2::flipoff2:

osue077
April 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Really push for the Oil cooler, EGR cooler, EGR Valve since they are the most suspect for issues. Fuel Pressure Regulator spring update (blue spring) will increase the life of your injectors, Updated turbo Oil feed and return lines will increase the life of you turbo, have them check the FICM voltage to make sure that it stays above 47v. Pm me if you have any questions about any of these.