PDA

View Full Version : New to the Fleet

SBIUnlimited
December 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Santa came early. :)

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/SteveBartonImages/DSC_88221.jpg

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/SteveBartonImages/DSC_88211.jpg

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/SteveBartonImages/DSC_88201.jpg

2011 ST Ram 2500 CTD Long bed, crew cab. Now we got something to tow the Jeep to Moab with!!

Chris Halvorson
December 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Nice truck!!

Pro's & Con's so far?

Steve
December 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, that's some gorgeous scenery around your house.

:flipoff2:

Nice truck. :thumbsup:

COcummins
December 19th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Did dodge go with an actual full size crew cab on that truck instead of the mega cab or their older crew cab that was way to small in the back seat? It looks like a happy medium from the size of the rear door.

Loki
December 19th, 2010, 03:56 PM
:hail: Sweet CTD.

What are your plans for it?

afbond03
December 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM
O das nice.

SBIUnlimited
December 19th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Nice truck!!

Pro's & Con's so far?

Pro's- Rides pretty nice for a big truck. Nice power...but not extreme by any means. My '97 PSD was a beast compared to this...but it's very acceptable.
Con's- Mileage is only about 11.5 so far...... Couple friends that have them say it get's better as they break in. Need about 14 to break even with what I was spending to drive the Jeep....

Wow, that's some gorgeous scenery around your house.

Thanks!

Did dodge go with an actual full size crew cab on that truck instead of the mega cab or their older crew cab that was way to small in the back seat? It looks like a happy medium from the size of the rear door.

The '11's are a full Crew cab. It is a nice balance between the Mega Cab and the older crew. The Mega is not available in the long bed from what I understand....but the Crew in the '11's is nicely in proportion. I never liked the Mega Cab/Short bed combo.....thought/think it looks wierd.

:hail: Sweet CTD.

What are your plans for it?

No real plans. May lift/level the front...but other than that...just gonna tow the Jeep with it and haul building materials from the lumber yard this summer if we finish our basement. Tired of hauling stuff hanging out the sides and back of the Jeep. :)

O das nice.

Thx Bo!

Grant H.
December 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
If you want to gain mileage I would look at these guys:

http://www.hsperformance.com/cummins-67/

Run their stock hp or +60hp emissions deleted tune and you will see great improvement in MPG. I saw a 3 mpg gain from 15 to 18 in town (15 was after about 15K miles - they do get better as they break in).

The smarty tuners have a track record of blowing head gaskets on the 6.7s.

The blackmaxx or minimaxx will provide digital gauges and tuning instead of having to buy a tuner an a bunch of expensive analog gauges.

willyb
December 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Very nice Steve. Did they have good incentives on the 2011?

SBIUnlimited
December 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
If you want to gain mileage I would look at these guys:

http://www.hsperformance.com/cummins-67/

Run their stock hp or +60hp emissions deleted tune and you will see great improvement in MPG. I saw a 3 mpg gain from 15 to 18 in town (15 was after about 15K miles - they do get better as they break in).

The smarty tuners have a track record of blowing head gaskets on the 6.7s.

The blackmaxx or minimaxx will provide digital gauges and tuning instead of having to buy a tuner an a bunch of expensive analog gauges.

Thanks for the info. I'll check these out.

Very nice Steve. Did they have good incentives on the 2011?

Thanks Will!. $2500 cash is all...about average for a NOT model year end. I walked in on a cold Saturday afternoon at 415pm on a day that they had not sold a single vehicle..... I paid invoice price including the wheels/tires/tint/steps/spray in liner. Very pleased with the Cowboy Dodge experience.....even though I'd heard not so good things about them in the past. One of the easiest vehicle purchases every.

Dallas Lemon
December 21st, 2010, 08:19 PM
That is a sweet ride! The upgrades on the Ram's interior put it the running with Ford. One thing I believe you will notice when pulling your Jeep with the Cummins compared to the PSD is the difference in low end grunt over the Ford. I'm not knocking a PSD by any means as I had one before I purchased the Cummins I currently own, but the low end torque of the Cummins is awesome! Not to change the sunbject, but what's the deal on the Ram no longer being a Dodge Ram?

Volcom
December 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Nice Dodge! Looks great with the black wheels. The new crew cab's are nice!

SBIUnlimited
December 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
That is a sweet ride! The upgrades on the Ram's interior put it the running with Ford. One thing I believe you will notice when pulling your Jeep with the Cummins compared to the PSD is the difference in low end grunt over the Ford. I'm not knocking a PSD by any means as I had one before I purchased the Cummins I currently own, but the low end torque of the Cummins is awesome! Not to change the sunbject, but what's the deal on the Ram no longer being a Dodge Ram?

Looking forward to towing with it. I can feel the torque just driving around town, so I think it will be nice. Not sure what the "branding" thing is with Ram...vs. Dodge Ram??

Nice Dodge! Looks great with the black wheels. The new crew cab's are nice!

Thx. I like the look too. Different black wheels coming..... Tire shop these came from cannot figure out how to balance them...so have a replacement set of slightly different Eagle's on the way. These stupid tires/wheels have been off this truck 8 times already.....rebalanced 4 different times....4 different ways. :eek:

HardBdyTJ
December 22nd, 2010, 08:47 PM
Congratulations, that truck is really nice. I agree with Dallas, the inline 6 cyl Cummins delivers the low end torque. I had bought a new PSD in 2003. I thought that was a very nice truck. I now have a 2008 CTD which is the 6.7 Cummins. It's not the racer the DMax is, but I love it's low end torque.

Enjoy!!!

WhyJay
December 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
...................Not to change the sunbject, but what's the deal on the Ram no longer being a Dodge Ram?

Now that Fiat controls the once vaunted Chrysler company they are making a few changes in brand badging and alignment. The Ram truck may soon be it's own line so it can be sold by Dodge or Chrysler dealers as well as the new Fiat outlets. Heck, who knows, they may start calling it the Fiat Ram. Fiat = fix it again Tony!

SBIUnlimited
January 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Totally impressed with the new Dodge! Just got back from the past week in Silverthorne. No way to plug in the beast and she started right up in some of the coldest weather that area has seen......and certainly the coldest weather the truck has seen. Friday morning(coldest of the trip), on one cycle, -11 degrees....she coughed to life!!!

Highway mileage is up to 14+ at 80+ mph. One tank, mostly in 4X4, driving around Silverthorne and on the highway in a snowstorm between Glenwood Springs and back..... 11+ mpg.

Still working the bugs out of the tires/wheels. I think the tires are fawked up.....?? Hope to get that ironed out this week...

ColoradoXJ
January 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Totally impressed with the new Dodge! Just got back from the past week in Silverthorne. No way to plug in the beast and she started right up in some of the coldest weather that area has seen......and certainly the coldest weather the truck has seen. Friday morning(coldest of the trip), on one cycle, -11 degrees....she coughed to life!!!

That's impressive. Hell, even my XJ had a TOUGH time starting over the last couple days up there. This morning was the worst by far...

SBIUnlimited
January 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Gonna test the cold weather starting ability of the Dodge tonight. Saying -17 air temp for a low with -30 to -50 wind chills..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

rollbarrequired
January 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
i have a 2010 ram 2500 and around 10000 miles on it the fuel milage started it's climb i get around 15 towin with it at 80 mph and average around 16.5 with daily drivin. if you are lookin at a levelin kits KORE has some real nice ones out for them

SBIUnlimited
January 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM
i have a 2010 ram 2500 and around 10000 miles on it the fuel milage started it's climb i get around 15 towin with it at 80 mph and average around 16.5 with daily drivin. if you are lookin at a levelin kits KORE has some real nice ones out for them

Thanks for the encouragment on the mileage and info on the leveling kit. :thumbsup:

74BuckinBronc
January 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Nice rig. Looks like you'll need 40 acres to turn it around tho, but it'll pull like a dream!

J.D.

SBIUnlimited
February 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Nice rig. Looks like you'll need 40 acres to turn it around tho, but it'll pull like a dream!

J.D.

Ya...she's a trick in parking lots for sure.

-19 this morning. She's running. More worried about the fuel gellnig than the motor starting. So far so good. We'll see at lunch how she's doing.

74BuckinBronc
February 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM
You running any fuel treatment?

SBIUnlimited
February 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Yep...running Power Service additive at about 2X what the instuctions indicate. So far so good.

CLYDE
February 1st, 2011, 11:59 AM
keep it doubled, I only had 1 bottle in mine last night, and it gelled anyway. Just threw in a second bottle, hopefully I can get it fired later, and run some thru the lines.

SBIUnlimited
February 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Good luck. We run the same stuff at work...at a hgiher level when it is really cold...plus we put an in-line fuel heater in our Yard Dog a few months ago...so it is good to go now.
I ran mine around town about 10 am and all appears to still be a :thumbsup: