PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into scaler R/C? 2.2?

Cyclemut
December 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Thinking of getting into it, I've seen some nice rigs.

I just don't know anything about it. The kid I work with for now is into the crawling aspect, but I think it's a whole different beastie.

Was thinking of getting the D90 body and making my own Gelande style chassis. But again, don't know anything about it. I've heard that the 2.2 is the way to go, but the D90 can only handle the small 2.2 tires, fits 1.9 tires better. Is it beyond a beginner like me or should I work up to it?

creepycrawler
December 5th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I dont have near enough patience for it but some of the ones ive seen are simply amazing.

Cyclemut
December 5th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm with you CC. I was considering getting a hobby mill/lathe for other personal stuff (have the full size equivalent at work, but it's just too bulky for finer things) and I thought that these would be cool to work on. It might alleviate some tension from the books and whatnot.

But yeah, the detail in some of these things is stupid! It might get to the point where I wouldn't want to take the thing out to go wheeling either.

Cross
December 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM
It is amazing how well built some of the rigs are.

I am with you some of them have so much work into them I would not want to take them off the shelf.

A good place for info is here:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org

Cyclemut
December 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Are you on there Cross? I can't seem to register on the forum.

cheftyler
December 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Pretty sure I'm on there, but I can't remember...been a couple years since I've touched any of my RC stuff.

CGuava
December 5th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just got a XR10 for myself for xmas, can't wait to put it together and get the components, played with one of these a few weeks ago and was hooked. It'll be great for the long days on indy :thumbsup:

Cross
December 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Are you on there Cross? I can't seem to register on the forum.

Yes, I am on there. I joined a few years ago. Not sure why you cannot register:confused:

What is not working?

Cyclemut
December 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM
It asks a 'nospam' question, and the question is What does RC stand for?

I reply "radio control" and it says that's not right.

Am I stewpid?

CLYDE
December 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM
how bout remote control

Cyclemut
December 6th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Ah, see, that's why I like you Clyde. Yer smrt.

That and I just get lost in your eyes...... Honey Bear!

Cross
December 6th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Hey now, you keep that up and this thread will be moved again.

Cyclemut
December 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
LOL!

I owe'd him some guff.

CLYDE
December 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hey now, Your OL came up with that one lol..