PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge on 2010 F250

SMiTTY
September 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
So...I've ran a few tanks through but am seeing issues with the gauge. I know not to trust the Lio-O-Meter about the range and stuff. Wondering if I should take this thing it.

I've run it down to where it says 11 miles to empty. The gauge on the dash is in the red and showing like it's about out, however when I fill up it only takes 26 gallons. The last 2 fill ups have been the same way. I should still have 4 gallons in the tank...WTF? How could it be off that much?

Anyone else have similar issues?

CGuava
September 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I know on Tundra's they show low fuel (almost empty) when there's still 5 or 6 gallons left.

Big Dave
September 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
My 01 PSD has a 29 gallon tank and acts the same way. I don't think I've ever put more than 26 gallons in it when filling up and the needle is usually solid on the E.

meatballs
September 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
My Audi has 2 gallons left when it read 0 miles until empty. Its actually in the manual

1BADKJ
September 26th, 2010, 10:16 PM
So...I've ran a few tanks through but am seeing issues with the gauge. I know not to trust the Lio-O-Meter about the range and stuff. Wondering if I should take this thing it.

I've run it down to where it says 11 miles to empty. The gauge on the dash is in the red and showing like it's about out, however when I fill up it only takes 26 gallons. The last 2 fill ups have been the same way. I should still have 4 gallons in the tank...WTF? How could it be off that much?

Anyone else have similar issues?

A safety feature that saves your fuel pump from frying and you being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

SMiTTY
September 27th, 2010, 10:09 AM
A safety feature that saves your fuel pump from frying and you being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I suppose it's better than being off the other way and run out of gas :D

ccceric
September 27th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I have an 07 dodge with a 35 gallon tank and when the low fuel light comes on it will take 34 gallons. I'd prefer it to be the way yours is.