PDA

View Full Version : SSCC Crash

scottycards
September 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Stan Martin, friend who runs 150 class- the guy you and I passed at BBORR twice Steve, crashed Sunday after a front right tire failure coming out of the narrows.

Speed estimated to be in high 150 range.

Car went off in a turn, flipped end over end 2-3 times, over the fence, came to rest on it's lid.

Stan and his navigator were transported to Las Vegas hospital, navi released Sun nite, Stan kept overnight and released Mon evening. Both are mostly OK.

Car is a total loss.

SSCC emergency response was questionable, as usual. 18-20 cars went past the site prior to red flag being thrown and race stopped for EMS response.

Pics when avail. Stan is a long-time friend, and one of the best guys you'll ever hope to meet. He is a walking encyclopedia of Ford engine knowledge. He also brings moonshine to the races. Just an awesome dude.

A friend has flown out from Arkansas to help drive his hauler back, Stan will ride shotgun. Navi flew home already.

Stan is OK because he is an awesome fabricator, and his cage held up. Both had Hutchins devices and arm restraints. No limbs lost. No permanent damage.

Wear all your gear, build for the worst wreck you can imagine.

Please wish Stan and his navi a full and speedy recovery.

Don't race at SSCC.
:beer:

970TJ
September 21st, 2010, 05:50 PM
Wow!! Glad they're okay. You guys have bigger balls than me!

cheftyler
September 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Damn! Glad to hear they're ok!

Steve
September 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
SSCC emergency response was questionable, as usual. 18-20 cars went past the site prior to red flag being thrown and race stopped for EMS response.

That's just plain fawked up. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the text about this. Stan's a great guy and I hope this doesn't end his ORR activities, except for the SSCC. Glad you made the decision that we won't run that race.

:beer:

scottycards
September 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Their policy is crazy. If you crash, you have to request EMS response.

Ok, so you just rolled at a buck fifty. And it's your call as to whether or not you want to get checked out?

All other sanctioning bodies have a rule: if your tire leaves the pavement, you are required to get checked out by a doc. No if's, ands or buts.

SSCC is crazy. Someone is going to die on their watch, and the result will be bad for everyone.